They were doing a major pour last night for the tower core. Trucks were line up on both streets.
10995628923_f1d1dd96bf_b.jpg

10995509586_e82290ced2_b.jpg

10995631263_0445762e3b_b.jpg

Nope.

Oh never mind. I just found a bunch. Pwc, Mars, etc.

BA was the first since the 80's over 40's and this will be the 2nd one.

The rest are 30 floors or less.

This decade has seen more mid/highrise office towers since the 80's.

RBC Centre is over 40 storeys, too.

Was it built after 88 or was it under construction at the time as I am not sure on a few ones, considering I wasn't follow building then. The original BA Tower was under way when it stop due to the rescission late 80's.

hes talking about RBC center not royal bank plaza

rbc center is 43 floors completed in 2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBC_Centre

Forgot about that one and that bad, considering I was shooting it from day one. There maybe a few others, but none jump out at me at this time.

Even still, it took to the 2000's before tall towers started to get built.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a “tower core”? I haven't been keeping closely abreast of this one, and recently I walked past and was astonished to find the structure being way more developed than I'd expected by this time, as well as looking incredibly bizarre since it looks like a concrete bunker that occupies way less space than the building will, as shown in the rendering. Was there a pre-made foundation here to begin with, which would explain how they got to this state so quickly? And why is a chunk of concrete going up instead of a glass building?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a “tower core”? I haven't been keeping closely abreast of this one, and recently I walked past and was astonished to find the structure being way more developed than I'd expected by this time, as well as looking incredibly bizarre since it looks like a concrete bunker that occupies way less space than the building will, as shown in the rendering. Was there a pre-made foundation here to begin with, which would explain how they got to this state so quickly? And why is a chunk of concrete going up instead of a glass building?
The core contains the elevator shafts etc.

Was there a pre-made foundation here to begin with, which would explain how they got to this state so quickly?

The parking garage below was built in the 1980's for the initial version of Bay Adelaide. Explains why little excavation was required.

Nice to see a new "stump" appearing. This site has sure seen a lot of plans, changes and redesigns over the decades.

This should sort of explain visually:

large-bachoarding-03.jpg

Back