I think this fountain is going to put this park on the tourism radar and really turn this place into a destination, much like the Toronto sign did for Nathan Phillips Square. It will be on many visitor's Bucket List once word gets out. Get ready for the selfie invasion!

I hope the leash rule is not strinctly enforced, as long as the pup appears to behave. Because that would make it more fun.

Or have a Dog Days of Summer where the close Wellington and Scott, and turn the whole area into a no-leash fun/market/festival day of some kind. Like a dog/cat cafe on steroids.

I hope the leash rule is not strinctly enforced, as long as the pup appears to behave. Because that would make it more fun.

I agree for the smaller dogs, but as long as a dog is large enough to hurt a child, the rule needs to be strictly enforced. Owners always say that "he's just a big suck," and "he doesn't bite." We need to hold owners accountable for the behavior of their pets.

If there were an easy way to exempt small, harmless dogs I'd be on board.

It's the big sucks you need to worry about. My kids have never been bitten but, they have been knocked over by other people's big sucks let loose beside a kid's playground. The dog owners and even the community could care less either... well... until it happens to them.

The cat should look like Tara the Hero Cat.

Will need to fill in the gaps with your imagination.

DSC_9128_zpsxqmrue7k.jpg~original

DSC_9132_zpsbb0wuokn.jpg~original

DSC_9122_zpsui7djqlq.jpg~original

DSC_9125_zpshhcoui9j.jpg~original

I agree for the smaller dogs, but as long as a dog is large enough to hurt a child, the rule needs to be strictly enforced. Owners always say that "he's just a big suck," and "he doesn't bite." We need to hold owners accountable for the behavior of their pets.

If there were an easy way to exempt small, harmless dogs I'd be on board.

I generally agree, but sometimes it's the small dogs that can nip at kids. I'm a dog lover, but dogs should be on a leash unless in a designated off-leash area.

I'm a dog owner, and I completely concur. (Then again, I think that many kids should be on leashes as well...)

As a small dog owner I wouldn't assume that they are by default harmless - keeping them on leash is just good behaviour (and prevents lost pets). And yes, I definitely would not trust kids with small dogs at all - and never mind the kids, some parents need to be on leash.

AoD

As I understand it, most dog bites are actually from smaller dogs (although I imagine they do less damage than a large dog bite).

Yeah my small dog is really nippy but, he's also really cute so he does have loose kids run up to him. It's irritating to have to watch out for other people's children too.

Northwest corner of the site along side Scott St construction.

Berncy1.jpg

Brick laying made easy! (using orange device in previous photo). Laying three stones takes ~ 20 seconds!

Berncy2.jpg

Berncy3.jpg

Berncy4.jpg

Berncy5.jpg

Berncy6.jpg

Red bricks laid by hand.

Berncy7.jpg

Northern stretch virtually complete.

Berncy8.jpg

Metal framing installed for demarcation of brickwork.

Berncy9.jpg

Berncy10.jpg

Lighting also adds a lovely framing of the park.

Berncy11.jpg

Attachments

• Berncy1.jpg
    Berncy1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 661
  • Berncy2.jpg
    Berncy2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 667
  • Berncy3.jpg
    Berncy3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 636
  • Berncy4.jpg
    Berncy4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 617
  • Berncy5.jpg
    Berncy5.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Berncy6.jpg
    Berncy6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 626
  • Berncy7.jpg
    Berncy7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 654
  • Berncy8.jpg
    Berncy8.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 626
  • Berncy9.jpg
    Berncy9.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 616
  • Berncy10.jpg
    Berncy10.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 639
  • Berncy11.jpg
    Berncy11.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 625
I got to watch one of those paver-laying machines in use when the plaza in front of Union Station was being completed. Fun! Thanks for the pics!

Back