2 May 2010 update: A good viewpoint for those of us too lazy to get out to that area often. Oh maybe RR with his powerful zoom lens should attempt a better shot?

dsc03234r.jpg

You can see the building and crane just to the right of the brick building, or above top left of streetcars.

who are you dealing with @ City Planning ? Mike McCart or Shelly Tulloch should be able to just show you drawings in the application file as all documents submitted for Development Planning application should be 'public documents' that any member of public has the right to access and view ... I'm certain however, that you will not be able to obtain photocopies of the documents unless you get authorization from the owner ~

Hey Solaris, I left a message for both Mike and Shelly and never got a call back (I’ve also e-mailed Mike since he was very helpful on the phone before), I figured they were busy so I went to Etobicoke City Centre and the planning department asked me to fill out an application and that’s when they asked me to get the owners approval.

I just wanted to review the plans submitted, don’t need to make copies or anything…

Pretzel ... I believe Mike and Shelly are not the type of municipal employees that just ignores public inquries (unlike some of the other staff), if they haven't gotten back to you its probably just because they are busy or something ... I suggest calling them periodically and try to reach them directly (not voicemail), you may be able to get more direct answers that way rather than dealing with the front counter staff whom makes you jump through unnecessary hoops

good luck ~

Pretzel, welcome to the world of trying to get ahold of municipal employees (some municipalities are easier than others). If you are trying to get a hold of the floor plan for your unit, another option is to try the building department that reviews the working drawings. These would be more detailed than what would be shown on the floor plan drawings submitted with the Site Plan application. Still try the Planning Department if it's the elevation drawings you want to view.

generally ... I found trying to reach Planning staff in Toronto much easier than trying to get hold of someone in the Building Department though ~

Glazzing up

Thanks Solaris & marcus, I'll give Mike a try one more time and hopefully he's able to help.

Here are some photos from today, they were installing glazzing on the North West corner of the site. Not sure if I like the spandrel colour, it looks a little too dark for me. For some reason I was envisioning more of a blue-ish / green-ish hue. Maybe it would look a little different if it wasn't overcast...

Another reason not to buy pre-construction :(

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3707.JPG
    IMG_3707.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3705.JPG
    IMG_3705.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3702.JPG
    IMG_3702.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Hey Solaris, I left a message for both Mike and Shelly and never got a call back (I’ve also e-mailed Mike since he was very helpful on the phone before), I figured they were busy so I went to Etobicoke City Centre and the planning department asked me to fill out an application and that’s when they asked me to get the owners approval.

I just wanted to review the plans submitted, don’t need to make copies or anything…

What would you like to see.I have the complete set of drawings.

Hi Builder and welcome to the forum!

I would love to see the exterior elevations (I have a copy of the staff report but the pdf is not so clear when I zoom in), 1st floor plan and a floor plan of a high floor (17-40).

Thanks Builder!

Not looking so grim here, on a bright blue sky day from Humber Bay Park. That's the mouth of the Mimico Creek in the foreground.

BeyondTheSeaPark.jpg

From northwest of the complex:

BeyondTheSeaNW.jpg

From just west of it:

BeyondTheSeaWpano.jpg

From south of it, across Lake Shore Blvd. from it:

BeyondTheSeaSpano.jpg

From the east side. Star Tower, the tallest and last phase, is not yet above ground:

BeyondTheSeaE.jpg

Back