I'm in favor of more mixed use buildings in the downtown core.

At some point maybe there will be more demand for live club acts.

Hotel guests and more local residents might just be the solution.

Quite the party was held at Bisha's opulent new sales office on Thursday evening to mark the launch of the 41-storey project. During the week to come we'll bring you more details on clubland king Charles Khabouth's first step into the condotel business, but we can start today with a few pics from the party, focusing on the model of the Wallman Architects-designed building.

BishaP1160822.jpg

BishaP1160839.jpg

from the northwest:

BishaP1160827.jpg

from the southwest:

BishaP1160831.jpg

focusing on the podium:

BishaP1160828.jpg

front door to the hotel portion:

BishaP1160836.jpg

Bisha's mark on the skyline:

BishaP1160833.jpg

Thanks 42.

So, do we have any idea what this tower will look like, other than "not remotely like the model"?

(Also, do we have any idea what its residents will look like, other than "not remotely like the model"?)

nice looking building! :)

That model makes it impossible to tell what the building will look like, though perhaps it's just the lighting.

There seems to be something unusual happening around the 9th floor. I assume it has something to do with going from hotel to condo.

^^^really???

I find it a nicely refined design - love the red and black colour scheme! great to see red brick on the lower levels and a facade that recalls historic buildings in the area. the entrance is clean and dignified. and the logo is cool too.

Last edited:
Wonderful!!!

It reminds me a fair bit of the Red Apple in Rotterdam, but toned down quite a lot, of course. Very handsome.

42 surprised you never said hi, although I didnt see you there, maybe you received the pics from another. Hard not to see my bright pink tie! Anyways for those who want to know........this project is launching at high $600 psf. Cheers.

42 surprised you never said hi, although I didnt see you there, maybe you received the pics from another. Hard not to see my bright pink tie! Anyways for those who want to know........this project is launching at high $600 psf. Cheers.

Sorry George - saw you there too! You were just always busy when I wasn't and vice versa. (And then I had to take off and get back to work...)

Hi!

So, do we have any idea what this tower will look like, other than "not remotely like the model"?

I can tell you that the reddish fins on the model and in the render below are aluminum with a copper-coloured finish. Once complete, facades of this building should look particularly interesting from an oblique angle, adding a coppery element to the skyline.

BishaExteriorOverall1024.jpg

We'll post more next week!

Last edited:
This one's a beauty!

Will be interesting to see how the units sell provided the current market and the 600psf+ price tag.

Back