Neighborhood

I am planning on moving into the unit I purchased in +/-2 years - although that may change in the mean time - and have a kid. Anyone know if there is a day care with a good reputation in the vicinity?

I am planning on moving into the unit I purchased in +/-2 years - although that may change in the mean time - and have a kid. Anyone know if there is a day care with a good reputation in the vicinity?

While I don't know about it's reputation, there is a day care centre in the office building directly next door to the east.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Dec 30, 2007

Is it odd that the concrete is all crumbling on the front of the building? Every where else it seems to be perfectly formed.

DSCN1660.jpg

^The building on the right with the green awning is what Jaborandi is referring to. (Either the YMCA or YWCA... which is it?) Definitely very convenient if there is daycare there.

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

This really is going to be quite huge. (I'm sure many want to use the word monstrosity.)

DSCN1669.jpg

Monstrosity.

It's certainly a "massy" building - quite a contrast to, for example, the twin towers at Radio City and the Ballet School, which are arguably elegant. (OK, of course it's a much smaller site.) Cresford has certainly maximized their investment, especially with the approval to add additional floors.

I wonder how many units there will be altogether.

nissen-k5.gif

So then they obviously were turned down when they asked to add another 15 floors or so way back when.

Now they are asking to add 6 more. (26 floors to become 32 floors).

Is Cresford doing this to recoup any losses incurred during the massive delay? It's clearly not an aesthetic motivation.

come on - you guys are being too hard on this one....

Casaguy - are we to assume you have a north facing unit in your tower then?

Northwest corner, very high up... so no matter what I will not have to look at BSN... except every day when I leave the building.

(But I will have a front row seat as 1 Bloor rises)

Finally, some hard facts on what is happening here with regards to height and number of levels.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Jan 12, 2008

DSCN1788_2.jpg

^Charles Street frontage slowly rising

DSCN1810.jpg

The monstrous Hayden Street side clearly starting to take shape...

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

I think that's an excellent observation, UrbanDreamer.

Hayden does seem to be crying out for something like that and is in the perfect area, especially with the mega density looming all around around it. It could be the perfect alternative for those who don't quite want to eat in Yorkville and those who aren't in the mood for Church Street.

Unfortunately though, if you ever walk along Hayden you'll see it's got kind of a back alley feel to it with a total mish mash of commercial types on either side of it. Not a lot of room for outdoor patios either. But definitely something I'd love to see happen.

Back