Last night, as we drove west from Church Street along the Bicycle Courier Highway of Heroes to the ROM bash, I noticed that the beds of forlorn tulip stalks have now been replaced with austere beds of mud. What comes next, I wonder?

They did the same last year, they changed out the gardens four times. Three plantings starting with tulip bulbs, a summer planting, a fall planting and then coniferous branches for the winter. Now that the tulip bulbs are in the ground the tulips west of Yonge will look better and last a little longer than they did this year because they were all transplanted in about three weeks ago and tulips don't like that much. They won't leave these empty like this for long, they'll have all these replanted with the summer flowers by early next week.

June 8
I see the cycles don't know how to read, as each tree say no bike to be lock to it and will be removed. At the same time, this tree is only about 2 weeks old and already damage.

I saw a nice note on a day old tree pointing to the damage area on the tree cause by a cycles who locking their bike to it on Roncesvalles last week.

When I got to Dundas last Friday in front of CT and Best Buy, found bikes tied to the trees in the new planters.

This was the only bike support I saw west of Yonge
5814584821_3bee4dc689_b.jpg

5814580501_ab284d31ef_b.jpg

Hard to say who did this damage
5815147064_c4a0127bef_b.jpg

Would corpse flowers suit our outdoor climate?

I saw them at Allen Gardens several years ago. They bloom 3 or 4 times a year and they REEK like rotting flesh!

June 8
I see the cycles don't know how to read, as each tree say no bike to be lock to it and will be removed. At the same time, this tree is only about 2 weeks old and already damage.

This is wrong but if I see this, I'll puncture both tires. I don't care that I'm the bigger idiot, this makes me so damn mad.

In the 2 blocks I walked, only saw this one and I could not see any in the distance. There maybe more, but should have been more in those 2 blocks than the one. Could be, not all of they are installed yet.

They are all installed. There are 70 total between Church and Avenue Rd, with 46 of the 70 west of Yonge. you may have just missed 'em!

5815147064_c4a0127bef_b.jpg

This reminds me of those reports of dudes with baby seats in their cars who solicit streetwalkers...

They won't leave these empty like this for long, they'll have all these replanted with the summer flowers by early next week.

That was quick, the new plantings are in. It's a wonderfully attractive variety of annuals that are all shapes, sizes and colours. Well done Yorkville BIA!

The solution is more bicycle parking.

More bike posts are definitely needed. The posts need to be checked too, many are starting to wobble and come loose.

What if they had the same type of bikestands as Bixi is using. They could be placed all over the city and people would pay an annual fee to get an access card.

I guess all the new bike posts just aren't enough forthe arrogant cyclists who think they can just lock up anywhere, including brand new trees.

Attachments

• Toronto-20110616-01455.jpg
    Toronto-20110616-01455.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 282
How about this shabby patch on Bloor just outside the French Connection shop?

I noted that section on May 25th, dunno what's going on there.

Back