ericmacm

Member Bio
Reaction score
Freed Hotels and Resorts is looking to build two 7s buildings on three large undeveloped land plots in the Blue Mountain Village. The sites that these buildings will occupy are currently surface parking lots and will drastically expand the residential capacity of the Blue Mountain Village. This also replaces a prior proposal from 2018 for residential townhouse blocks on Site F. I greatly prefer this kind of development in comparison to the aggressive SFH construction that is occurring at the foot of Blue Mountain these days.

EDIT: These are actually planned to be condos, not hotel as I originally thought.

BMV1.png
BMV2.png
BMV3.png
BMV4.png
BMV5.png
BMV6.png
BMV7.png
BMV8.png
BMV9.png
BMV10.png
BMV11.png

Old 2018 proposal for Site F:
BMV12.png

Last edited:
So there is a specific model that Blue mountain has when it comes to our hotel rooms. All of our hotel rooms are individually owned residences that are in a rental pool

So it's weird All of the talk here is that site b the current site that this tent is being put up on will be the first to be developed and yet every piece of literature that is out is for e and f which is over on the other side wondering if anybody has any info on that

So everything that I have heard is that brakes have been put on these projects due to lack of parking which as it is to say give it everybody's hatred towards cars I agree though I would rather see us put a terminal that makes it easier for people to use public transit to get up here these projects will basically double the size of the village and we have zero public transit other than one bus that goes to Collingwood

So everything that I have heard is that brakes have been put on these projects due to lack of parking which as it is to say give it everybody's hatred towards cars I agree though I would rather see us put a terminal that makes it easier for people to use public transit to get up here these projects will basically double the size of the village and we have zero public transit other than one bus that goes to Collingwood
Who’s going skiing via public transit. That seems like a pipe dream.

Large majority of the people we get up here skiing are beginners so it relies a lot on our rentals therefore we get a lot of bus traffic but given that we still have a massive parking issue on resource as all service parking lots aren't even paved and we regularly lose at least one lane to people parked on the side of the road have actually watched somebody break a spring in our parking lot

I’ve been wanting to get a getaway property at Blue Mountain and was excited at the thought of what looks to be a beautiful building based on the renderings…

I signed up for email updates and received this… 300 sq/f starting at $600k?!? $2000+ psf? In blue mountain? Are they out of their minds 😅 everything else here goes for maybe $500-$700 psf. I know they’re older buildings but I’m not sure that a new building justifies these prices. These are around the same prices they’re asking for their residences on Adelaide that aren’t selling

IMG_8062.jpeg

So it's weird All of the talk here is that site b the current site that this tent is being put up on will be the first to be developed and yet every piece of literature that is out is for e and f which is over on the other side wondering if anybody has any info on that
Looks like the rumours were true! In the same email they included these:

IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg

At first I was looking at this sorta confused and then realized this is block B, so it seems they’re starting with that first. I also guess they didn’t get approved for an increase from 5 to 7 floors.

Side note… What on earth is with the randomly placed glass and metal (?) railings? It looks horrible 😭

I’ve been wanting to get a getaway property at Blue Mountain and was excited at the thought of what looks to be a beautiful building based on the renderings…

I signed up for email updates and received this… 300 sq/f starting at $600k?!? $2000+ psf? In blue mountain? Are they out of their minds 😅 everything else here goes for maybe $500-$700 psf. I know they’re older buildings but I’m not sure that a new building justifies these prices. These are around the same prices they’re asking for their residences on Adelaide that aren’t selling
They are not targeting people that want vacation properties, they are targeting investors.

A starting price of $600,000 at 300 sqft is beyond insane, especially given that you can currently get double the square footage at almost half that price in the Village right now with local condo values in active decline. I personally still think the prices of the existing units themselves are crazy, especially once you include the close to $2/sqft maintenance fees. Hard to say to what degree there will be appetite for buyers in the current environment, especially for people that just want a vacation spot. In my opinion, the current stock of condos offers a better deal than this development.

Back