The city agreed to spend $37 million on temporary seats for the 2026 World Cup. Here's what that will look like​

The work includes installing broadcast studios, staircases, an elevator and approximately 17,500 additional seats at the Exhibition Place stadium, and then dismantling them once the games are done.

1711546127729.png

1711546148303.png

Note the new temporary press box on the upper western stands.

The city agreed to spend $37 million on temporary seats for the 2026 World Cup. Here's what that will look like​

View attachment 551488

View attachment 551489

Note the new temporary press box on the upper western stands.

$37 million for temporary seats is kind of wild considering the original field cost $80 million to construct (according to Wikipedia).

I thought MLSE was paying for the renovations which I always thought was a scam.
6 games x 17,500 x $300? a ticket = $30M
Who benefits from these extra seats?

I can’t imagine how or why they are spending any money on this event.

Maybe spend the rest on a hologram of the crowd for the TV coverage.

I’m all for sports and boosting a city but I think this is a crazy deal. Do we need a boost? Do we have a problem trying to attract people to Canada? Sarcasm.

I went to the World Cup in NJ and Boston and while walking around downtown you wouldn’t know the event was taking place. I don’t think the traffic or the hipe will be noticeable in Toronto compared to a normal (watch at the bar) World Cup. Unless of course Canada wins a game.

6 guys traveling in a large van, jammed into one overpriced hotel room and finding a pub serving $1 beers didn’t add much to their economic recovery but man was that fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1

Back