My only complaint is that I'd rather they had used a more vibrant color for the metal cladding than grey.
6948397620_1a6efdffd4_b.jpg

I some times image that once and awhile you post while under some hallucinogenic. ......... I don't necessarily disagree with your comments, they just seem somewhat psychedelic and not something I would have ever pondered myself.

Well then, you'll just have to take more drugs, won't you, Mr. ... um .... "Crystal Junkie"!

I think the interior garden at the Sheraton works rather well because it's an extensive architectural as well as landscaping feature in the heart of the building, covering three floors ( four, really, if you include the swimming pool and kitchen herb garden level ). The original design for the interior gardens at Sherway Gardens was another major landscaping success. Slinging a few trees around for effect - marooning them on roofs, in particular - like some sort of mad interior decorator slinging cushions and throws around an apartment, is a cliche.

Bridgepoint from my POV looking mighty fine!

I am also going to miss the original Bridgepoint Health. That half round has been such a familiar and iconic building overlooking the DVP.

It's coming down. Its interior is completely unsuitable for a hospital these days: it's unretrofit-able apparently.

It's coming down. Its interior is completely unsuitable for a hospital these days: it's unretrofit-able apparently.

I'm not surprised -- the rooms are very small and low-ceilinged.

Is there some other structure replacing it? I really wish that the new Bridgepoint building was built there, rather than jutting out so far into the valley.

If the new Bridgepoint was built there, where would they stick all the patients and staff while they're demolishing the old building - have them camp out in the Don Valley for a couple of years?

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet...

[video=youtube;S1imJEccuiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1imJEccuiY&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Back