^ Don't be too quick to judge. Even though I'm a sucker for Porsches, I liked the product details that I could see through the window. :)

From Friday's Globe and Mail:

Project inspired by California lifestyle

SYDNIA YU

From Friday's Globe and Mail

June 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM EDT

As its name would suggest, California Condos on the Etobicoke waterfront was inspired by that state's recreational lifestyle. Residents of the building will be just an elevator ride away from more than 75,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor amenities.

The top two floors of the 32-storey condominium — which is part of Camrost-Felcorp's Mystic Pointe development — will be taken up by a 12,000-square-foot fitness and leisure facility. It will include an infinity lap pool, whirlpool, bar, circuit-training area, multipurpose gym, aerobics/yoga studio and private cabana for spa treatments.

A sundeck will double as an outdoor theatre where movies will be projected on a wall. Directly below that there will be a lounge with a cappuccino bar and a kitchen shared with an adjacent dining room.

What's more, California Condos will sit on a three-storey podium containing a 14,000-square-foot sports and entertainment complex. An outdoor running track, pool, whirlpool, landscaped garden and barbecue area will be located on the top of the podium.
California Condos
Enlarge Image
The Globe and Mail

Inside, there will be squash courts; fitness rooms; separate spaces for billiards, cards and crafts; a theatre; library; and a party room with a private dining area, bar and kitchen.

"There's so much to do, it's like living in a hotel," says David Feldman, Camrost-Felcorp president and chief executive. "People don't have to go away on vacation, it's all happening here."

Mystic Pointe is a 16-acre development on the former McGuiness Distillery property near Park Lawn Road and Lake Shore Boulevard, about 10 minutes west of downtown Toronto. This latest building will be the third in the project, after the completed Tides tower and the iloft building, which is under construction.

"It's a planned community that we've been developing for the last 12 years," Mr. Feldman says of Mystic Pointe, adding that 1,500 people already are living there in everything from lofts to townhouses.

Residents of California Condos and iloft will share a lobby with a 24-hour concierge, boardroom, business centre with computer terminals and two guest suites.

Beyond the site, the Martin Goodman Trail and Humber Bay Park offer activities by the lake.

Urban conveniences nearby include restaurants, big-box stores, a 24-hour grocery store and the Sherway Gardens shopping centre. Residents will have convenient access to public transit and major roads, including the Gardiner Expressway.

Interested parties will soon be able to select from one-Æ’|and two-bedroom layouts, with or without dens. Each suite will have a balcony or terrace, open principal rooms and a gourmet kitchen with stone countertops, stainless-steel appliances and a hood fan above a centre island. The latter is one of several features that was inspired by a photo spread on a California suite that Mr. Feldman saw in Architectural Digest.

Interiors will boast nine or 10-foot ceilings, laminate plank floors and broadloom.

Larger suites will have master bedrooms featuring walk-in closets and private bathrooms with imported ceramic tile floors, cultured marble countertops and deep soaker tubs.

Ensuite laundry facilities and parking are included. The monthly maintenance fee is 36 cents a square foot. Hydro will be individually metered.

Occupancy is slated for 2010.

* California Condos
* Builder/developer: Camrost-Felcorp
* Size: 580 to more than 2,300 square feet
* Price: $198,900 to more than $1-million
* Contact: To register, phone (416) 251-8888 or visit www.californiacondosto.ca

I have been assuming that it is being added on to the south side of the podium of which The Tides occupies the north side. Looking forward to confirmation of that (or correction).

I understand California Condos (aka phase 3) is going to be located on the southern portion of the podium as you mentioned, the tower will be oriented east-west perpendicular to the north edge of iLoft (phase 2) and parallel to Tides (phase 1)

would be nice if someone could share a site plan from the sales information package, I understand the units are now available for sale through agents or something~

bought a unit at the Broker preview....1 bedroom includes parking and will receive cash back on closing, what made the deal sweet was the assignment clause!

this is the 2nd condo I bought 1st one is a really old one, but I hope I can turn this one around for a quick $$$

If you bought on the tenth, and picked up a corona suite, then you could sell that unit today and probably profit ten k......Not bad for a couple of weeks.

I feel bad for the poor guys that bought at the tides. According to the plans I've seen, the south side of the tides will be facing the california.....So much for that lakeview unit you thought you bought.

corona was too $$$ for my wallet.....bought a sonoma on the higher floors in the twenties.

hope i can make good cash!

there is $$$$ to be made, or i can just rent it out and have someone pay my mortgage! :p:D

This is going to be a good project,but the people at the Tides not going to be too happy...more people fighting for the gym,pool,etc,etc and California is going to be blocking 1/3 of the view of the lake.A lot of interest in this project and most of the more desirable suites were sold at the first VIP.A fairly priced project in a good location.Completion date will be early 2011 or if Camrost reputation of a late builder pans out maybe Oct 2011.

Back