Most likely that's where it was located before the restoration.
It's bizarre - it's very unlike a traditional building unless that window wasn't original and was originally much wider..

traditional buildings are usually built harmoniously with this all mathed out - this is the first example I've seen of something like this being off like this if it was originally designed that way - it just wouldn't have flown back then.

It's bizarre - it's very unlike a traditional building unless that window wasn't original and was originally much wider..

traditional buildings are usually built harmoniously with this all mathed out - this is the first example I've seen of something like this being off like this if it was originally designed that way - it just wouldn't have flown back then.
Toronto has a lot of Victorian buildings with extreme asymmetry, it was just part of the style

Yeah...that's quite janky. But unsurprisingly, I assumed they had their versions of Kirkor back then...

...but then in a way, we're are restoring this building with warts and all...which is a good thing, IMO.

Taken 12 April.

IMG_0141.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg
IMG_0145.jpeg
IMG_0148.jpeg
IMG_0149.jpeg

I know that I say this every time I post this one but it is going to be a monster! Don’t take this as a criticism as I love this project but it is going to dominate this area! Like a Danish architect designed a ship for The Borg! 😂

Also two shots of how the new street (does it have a name yet?) is shaping up. Notice how one of the entrances of the Anishnawbe Health Centre will terminate the view! Too perfect to be random.

Taken 12 April

IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0150.jpeg
IMG_0151.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_0152.jpeg
IMG_0153.jpeg

Ya know, I don't HATE the orange as much as I originally did. I wouldn't say it's growing on me, but it doesn't make me seethe anymore. All we do is complain about how there's not enough colour around so I can put up with the radioactive orange house but I digress.

Hopefully nobody knows where I live...

Ya know, I don't HATE the orange as much as I originally did. I wouldn't say it's growing on me, but it doesn't make me seethe anymore. All we do is complain about how there's not enough colour around so I can put up with the radioactive orange house but I digress.

Hopefully nobody knows where I live...
Burlington, but at least that’s sufficiently vague, so you should be safe. 🤪

IMG_9174.jpeg

IMG_9175.jpeg

The scaffolding is starting to come down! The re-painted sign of “Thos. Davidson MFG” a producer of enamelware that once occupied the space definitely brings this side of the building back to life. Also, I think the new black trimmed windows look great. Very curious to see what restaurant or business will occupy this space soon.

Back