a day after it opened, the canoe's red tip had already been thoroughly shat upon by local birds.

Good security indeed! I'm not sure how the good Sir Novelty knows that they were local birds though: we're just at the tail end of the migratory season now, so they could easily have been tourist birds. Surely local birds would never crap upon such a beloved new landmark...

An educational park that is sure to unleash waves of young electricians upon Toronto thanks to its life-sized circuit board with giant resistors.

My view:

IMG_1670.jpg

A walk through Canoe Landing Park.[video=youtube;OPYJ6ixYu1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPYJ6ixYu1k[/video]

I give it 5 years before it becomes condos.

Going to TO on the weekend, so I'm going to have to stop by and take a peak.

it won't look sad when it's surrounded by buildings, full of people, and the plants have all matured.

Last edited:
it won't look sad when it's surrounded by buildings, full of people, and the plants have all matured.

just last week, when it was pretty hot out, it was BUSSLING with people.. we started a soccer game (on the astroturf) with 4 apiece and ended with about 10 per side.. the 'grass' park is usually filled with dogs and their owners.. there were two couples playing catch and some people walking up and down and through the park with a few joggers around.. i thought it would be dead and the astroturf weird but so far i'm liking it.. not sure if/when the stadium lighting will be operational (or is it for special events only) but it would let people play well past the dusk..

I took a walk through the park this afternoon. Its a great little park, thoughful and creative. I dont know what more anyone could ask for. Just wait until those trees mature and the condos get completed.

Can anyone tell me what the plan is for the hole/pit immediately East of the completed park?

Yeah....

That park is pretty much an disappointment. I took a stroll through and wasn't impressed.

Agreed. This could have been a gem of a park with nice flower beds a sports field and lots of benches for sitting. This place looks Spartan and quite barren. It is just a glorified field with a couple trees and a random canoe. No interesting water feauture or fountain.

Back