There is a contemporary sculpture space on King West that has been around since the 1970s although it is not as large as the examples mentioned above. As well, there are a few art farms popping up on the Oak Ridges Moraine, similar to ones outside of London, UK although I am not sure how accessible they are to the public.

hahahahahahahahahaha. that's a good point, i didn't even think about that.

well, maybe it will climb above the gardiner, or maybe coupland's vision has been downsized. one request: please no beavers.

I overlook the park from Malibu... and I was pretty surprised when I peered through the buildings on the street car ride into Union one day when I saw how massive that hill really is. I think it is higher than the Gardiner... its HUGE!

Cityplace Park.

Attachments

• Sunset 6.jpg
    Sunset 6.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 427
here's a brief article from torontoist. it says that the installation was permanent but i've never seen it. i wonder.

i believe hume, or someone at the star wrote an article about beautifying the gardiner with lights, or painting it white or something, in the summer.

it's interesting nevertheless.

http://torontoist.com/2008/02/the_gardiner_ga.php

That's peculiar. It said permanent, and it said they were unveiling it that evening.

yea, not sure about the naming, i think it would have been published by now if the name had been decided.

i say we name it after some great torontonians who might not get the appreciation they deserve. how bout kenny vs spenny park?

no i kid. why not just call it terry fox park? they already have the miracle mile. the man deserves it.

Last edited:
No argument that he deserves it, but I am guessing that there's already a million things named after him. I think this one should be have an urban ring to it. I really liked the name HTO Park; whoever came up with the name deserves a standing O.

yea, not sure about the naming, i think it would have been published by now if the name had been decided.

i say we name it after some great torontonians who might not get the appreciation they deserve. how kenny vs spenny park?

no i kid. why not just call it terry fox park? they already have the miracle mile. the man deserves it.

No argument that he deserves it, but I am guessing that there's already a million things named after him. I think this one should be have an urban ring to it. I really liked the name HTO Park; whoever came up with the name deserves a standing O.

I agree, Terry Fox is already pretty well known. I would suggest Ishpadinaa Park. It is an Ojibwe word that means "high hill" and is the origin of the word Spadina. It fits in well with the area, the hill in the park, and Toronto's Aboriginal heritage.

Rogers Park?

everything in this city is practically named after mr rogers so i'm gonna veto that one. no offence to the man, but his name is synonymous with corporation.

considering the highly patriotic nature of this park, i'm guessing the name will follow suit. probably not something as grand as, say, "Canada Park". i don't think the park could live up to that billing.

maybe....york park? spadina park isn't bad. union park? harmony park? who knows...coalition park, in honour of our parliamentary system.

Back