Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
7-storey apartment building being built in Westdale close to McMaster:

7s7R0hr.png

latest photo from November:

52498430904_2bd6019144_b.jpg

Glad to see this going up but shouldn’t there be some retail on the ground level?!

July 26, 2023 - Window Installations is underway at 90 Carling Apartments
View attachment 495650View attachment 495652View attachment 495654
Damn beat me to it. I took some photos yesterday evening.

If the building ends up looking like that render it won't look terrible, but I'm not a fan of how it doesn't interface with the street whatsoever. I understand this isn't the most hospitable spot for pedestrians, but again, Hamilton seems to be going in the right direction with that and it will be unfortunate that this is the design they chose for this building.

“ "The homes we're building today will help middle class families and vulnerable people," said Trudeau at the announcement on the construction site on 90 Carling St.

At the location, 20 per cent of the units will be classified as affordable, according to Daniel Bragagnolo, director of finances for the company in charge of the project.

The affordable, one-bedroom units will be around the $1,400 mark, he said. “

IMG_3936.jpeg

Adding to the street wall in a part of Westdale that could really use it.

Platinum & McMaster Res poppin up in the background on the left side of the pic.

View attachment 513891

Adding to the street wall in a part of Westdale that could really use it.

Platinum & McMaster Res poppin up in the background on the left side of the pic.
I kind of hate that they didn't at least have an entrance to front King St, or more preferably retail space. It treats the street as the back of the building which is super odd. Good infill though.

I kind of hate that they didn't at least have an entrance to front King St, or more preferably retail space. It treats the street as the back of the building which is super odd. Good infill though.

It’s ugly, there’s no retail despite being on a commercial strip, but hey at least it’s good infill seems to be a common theme here in Hamilton, meanwhile the City wants people arguing over height limits 🤣😂🤣

Height is such a straw man in Hamilton, when we should be demanding more 3-bed+ (family-sized) units, better interaction with the street (via retail/ commercial/ POPS), and better quality design & finishes!

Both the Platinum (Queen & King), and the Vranco one (George St) visible in this photo actually look aged already up close.

The 22 George one isn’t even complete! The developer never added the parapet on the roof, so it’s just exposed metal framing 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_3959.jpeg

Hamilton deserves much more than ‘at least it’s infill’ , but our leaders don’t think we do. Sadly.

Last edited:

Back