I hate how all new condo developments dont really have definable kitchens. They tend to be a countertop along one wall of the livingroom. I hate that.

Hear, hear! I have been looking at condos for a while and have found very few with the older design I want, with an open kitchen at the end of the living room. It may prevent me from buying altogether.

Nigel (ganj), you're supposed to like the chapeau, remember? Working in a chapeau shop is your alternate career choice.

Maybe if they dangle a tassel, it can serve as a university residence--y'know, the "mortar-board" effect...

Nigel (ganj), you're supposed to like the chapeau, remember? Working in a chapeau shop is your alternate career choice.

What I said was I think I would make a good haberdasher, perhaps a salesman in a chapeau shop, it doesn't mean I like chapeaus.

A sombrero would provide more shade in the heat of summer, but then "Casa" would be understood as being a Spanish name, not Italian.

Is everyone forgetting the location of this building and its proximity to the subway and the shopping at bloor street west The building is also going to be amazing with the floor to ceiling glass windows and the fin-house facilities on the 5th floor (there is going to be an outdoor heated pool--how often do you find that).

Hat.l.top or not top...who cares, better that it has all that glass then be a boring brick building.

Sure, it's got a great location, but then Cresford is one of the worst builders in the city. After the delays they've had with Bloor Street Neighbourhood (which has essentially the same location) I think Casa would be the last project in the city I'd want to put my money into.

And boring brick? I'd rather brick than another boring floor-to-ceiling window wall project.

I like the design, but it's yet another building with tiny units. Downtown Toronto needs some larger condos.

I walked past the Bloor Street Neighbourhood a few times in the last few months - methinks it has stalled again

Considering how UGLY BSN looks, I wouldn't mind seeing it stalled...permanently.

AoD

"I walked past the Bloor Street Neighbourhood a few times in the last few months - methinks it has stalled again "

nono, you've got it all wrong. There's been a lot of activity on the site lately. Why, a week or two ago I saw some heavy machinery moving dirt from one side of the site to the other, and then back again.

re: glass vs brick
why buy a condo with a view if you want to live in a brick building with a peep hole for a view.
Dont get me wrong but i do like brick when it is done with some character but i think one needs a lot of creativity to achieve something successful when it has to be a high rise building.
re: need for larger condos
Casa has the essentials and it has 630 square foot units (1bed plus den) with low entry thus more people can live in the neighborhood instead of a building with only a few units to be hoarded by those more fortunate.

Back