I just started looking at this project, has the VIP sale come and gone? I saw some posts from some agents about a VIP sale that was taking place in March 2011.

That just was a false start

Looks like Casa II at 182.70M or 599.40 Ft.

What, its 187 meters/614 feet..... its right there in the proposal report...

The applicant is proposing to redevelop the existing YMCA administrative building and
parking lot and construct a 57-storey (187 metres including mechanical penthouse, 176
excluding mechanical penthouse) residential condominium building with a 4-storey
podium (15.65 metres).

With X2, Chaz and this project two things need to be considered, 1) driveways for passenger drop-off, delivery vans etc. and 2) the sidewalks along Charles East need to be widened. I've noticed this summer that foot traffic is exponentially higher on Charles St. now with everyone settled into Casa, X and BSN plus cabs, vans, couriers and such are pulling up on sidewalks which block them, so drop off zones should be mandatory - and not just here but for all condos and apartment buildings.

What, its 187 meters/614 feet..... its right there in the proposal report...

The applicant is proposing to redevelop the existing YMCA administrative building and
parking lot and construct a 57-storey (187 metres including mechanical penthouse, 176
excluding mechanical penthouse) residential condominium building with a 4-storey
podium (15.65 metres).

My mistake. That's even better.

With X2, Chaz and this project two things need to be considered, 1) driveways for passenger drop-off, delivery vans etc. and 2) the sidewalks along Charles East need to be widened. I've noticed this summer that foot traffic is exponentially higher on Charles St. now with everyone settled into Casa, X and BSN plus cabs, vans, couriers and such are pulling up on sidewalks which block them, so drop off zones should be mandatory - and not just here but for all condos and apartment buildings.

I'd love to see Charles st turn into a woonerf from Jarvis to Queen's Park Crescent, which might help for a wider range of uses across the spectrum.

You are exactly right. Not to mention, Charles E is in desperate need of repaving.

So do we know for a fact this is going to be a Casa clone or are we still awaiting something different?

Well if you look at the line drawings in the zoning application it's identical to CASA, so yes this appears to be a clone.

Certainly a few interesting things about it though. Notably the two lobbies and the space for Canada Post trucks. Why park them here? They still have to go to a mail processing centre to pick up the mail before delivery?

You are exactly right. Not to mention, Charles E is in desperate need of repaving.

The street is not great, presumably after X2, Casa Deux & Chaz are complete the area will be in need of some infrastructure upgrades and then paving.

aA does it again ....... copy + paste (of Casa) ........... while I do like Casa's top hat and glass lobby podium, a duplicate of the same thing right across the street would certainly take away / reduce the interest

Well if you look at the line drawings in the zoning application it's identical to CASA, so yes this appears to be a clone.

Certainly a few interesting things about it though. Notably the two lobbies and the space for Canada Post trucks. Why park them here? They still have to go to a mail processing centre to pick up the mail before delivery?

I was asking in hopes that it wasn`t the final design. Though I like CASA, I`m not too fond of `Casa Deux`(I like that term dt_toronto) right across the street. I wonder what urbandreamer has to say about his beloved aA`s paste job.

This is what I found and the reasoning behind the Canada Post trucks
cpost.jpg

I think it will only be a matter of time we see that Canada Post building redeveloped - unless it`s a heritage building.

Back