casa2 seems promising... casa1 though is one of the ugliest buildings of the boom in my opinion, the clear balconies were a bad choice. I like chaz way more, but I have a view from the east and get to see chaz from its better side. I do however appreciate casa's light at night, though I think the blue was better than red.
The x cluster is great, agreed.

In a couple months it will be taller then it's brother.

mR4PYL4.jpg

casa2 seems promising... casa1 though is one of the ugliest buildings of the boom in my opinion, the clear balconies were a bad choice. I like chaz way more, but I have a view from the east and get to see chaz from its better side. I do however appreciate casa's light at night, though I think the blue was better than red.
The x cluster is great, agreed.

I agree that Casa II is an improvement over Casa I, much like with X2 vs X1. The fritted balconies will not only hide balcony clutter, but will translate into much cleaner and sharper looking building in contrast with the blue, reflective-glass buildings surrounding it. While I don't like wrap-around-balcony-boxes, when it was completed, I thought Casa I looked pretty good. Since then, a lot of new and exciting condominium designs have emerged that have made these types of early-boom buildings age faster than I would have thought.

From this morning:

19723380973_7c9a80a0f0_b.jpg

X1 is better than X2, IMO. X2 just doesn't manage to capture the international / minimalist architecture quite as well as the original. Both are still great buildings, though.

August 19th:

IMG_6729.jpg
IMG_6731.jpg
IMG_6732.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6729.jpg
    IMG_6729.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_6731.jpg
    IMG_6731.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,213
  • IMG_6732.jpg
    IMG_6732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,210
This is turning out to be a fine looking building. As others have said, the balcony glass--especially from afar--looks clean and sharp.

That parking lot at Church and Bloor St E is prime. I'm unaware of any development apps, but I imagine it would fetch a fair $$$.

Nice pics everyone! Benito, you have quite the eye in the sky there.

Back