Being a member here for 8 years, I will say, this forum does attract really sensitive boys..

I'm use to it, don't let it bother you, no point trying to fight with them, cause you can't win. Make your post and move on.

^
Get this through your head: Everybody has their own damn opinion and it is worth just as much as your own.

Do you think everyone's opinion is equal? Certainly everyone has equal 'right' to an opinion; but some opinions are obviously more qualifed.

The aesthetic preference of a 4-year old (or an adult with the taste of a 4 year old) are equal to yours, in quality? His preferences - for doggy-do - should find a place in the ROM?

They may not have the same opinion as me, but does that mean I think I'm superior to them? No. Nor am I superior to those who like different foods, art, music and have a different favourite colour.

Do you think everyone's opinion is equal? Certainly everyone has equal 'right' to an opinion; but some opinions are obviously more qualifed.

Um.... Let me reword this..... Do you mean to say makes more sense? Because even though it makes more sense(which is a majority opinion) it is still only just an equal opinion..... Some you cant take seriously and some you can

LOL!. you know it just got real when there's a list!....

what happened to this thread?!?! i check it a few days later, and it's war!.. love it.!

as for this tower. i still think it's weak, but slightly better than the 501 Yonge street twin jenga block towers.... and maybe with its height combo, slightly more fitting than Casa 1. but still not a fan of it. not until we see some nicer looking renders that actually make this tower look appealing..... I'm sure from here, opinions will only go up once we see more... in theory, this tower will only be as good as the one next to it, because judging by the design, cladding, materials, etc... should be pretty much the same.
we'll just have to wait and see...

We havent really seen any great "architecture" in this Toronto building boom thus far (with the exception of Absolute in Mississauga). It's sad to see some great sites and opportunities diasappear to developers that just don't care - which is most of them. This particular building - based on the banal renderings we have seen to date - is about as cheap and uninspiring as it gets.

Isn't there one developer willing to take a chance and build something the world will take notice of?? There are so many great buildings going up around the world and yet here even with this big building boom, all we get is taller apartment buildings. While our boom has lasted a while, nobody outside of T.O. has taken any notice.

Not too hard to see why the world doesn't find Toronto or Canada very exciting.

We havent really seen any great "architecture" in this Toronto building boom thus far (with the exception of Absolute in Mississauga). It's sad to see some great sites and opportunities diasappear to developers that just don't care - which is most of them. This particular building - based on the banal renderings we have seen to date - is about as cheap and uninspiring as it gets.

Isn't there one developer willing to take a chance and build something the world will take notice of?? There are so many great buildings going up around the world and yet here even with this big building boom, all we get is taller apartment buildings. While our boom has lasted a while, nobody outside of T.O. has taken any notice.

Not too hard to see why the world doesn't find Toronto or Canada very exciting.

What an odd article to punctuate your post with. That article associates "coolness" with a country's popular culture and celebrity personalities. Architecture is not mentioned at all.

Hey, maybe the world finds us uncool because we're endlessly whining about how uncool we are...

You missed the point - With all this development, we have yet to come up with a building that is interesting enough to catch attention outside of our tight little fiefdom.

Yonge and Bloor could potentially be inspiring, The Ritz and Four Seasons are both pretty interesting, but when you look at what is happening globally, we aren't even on the radar.

Wouldn't it be great if the folks at say 501 Yonge or 43 Gerrard, or 90 / 120 Harbour decided to make a statement instead of just pure profit?

You missed the point - With all this development, we have yet to come up with a building that is interesting enough to catch attention outside of our tight little fiefdom.

Yonge and Bloor could potentially be inspiring, The Ritz and Four Seasons are both pretty interesting, but when you look at what is happening globally, we aren't even on the radar.

Wouldn't it be great if the folks at say 501 Yonge or 43 Gerrard, or 90 / 120 Harbour decided to make a statement instead of just pure profit?

Interestingly, I was in NYC last week and some friends and cousins of mine were asking about if they come up soon whether they could see the Monroe towers, (Absolute World in Mississauga) so I guess by default that puts us on the architectural map recently.

Interestingly, I was in NYC last week and some friends and cousins of mine were asking about if they come up soon whether they could see the Monroe towers, (Absolute World in Mississauga) so I guess by default that puts us on the architectural map recently.

Yes, I agree, actually in my post (#339) i did state that Absolute was the one key exception

And yes AG, Zeidler would be great, he is one of my all time favourite architects.

Oh, and thats "Sir" Daddy to you mr. Project End :)

Last edited:

Back