IMG_2512.jpg

I get that it's a tight site, but this is so piss poor (they hired a terrible firm so we can't really be surprised at the result). Doesn't indoor amenity require windows too? SPA says there's supposed to be some sort of
"painted metal trellis" here, but I don't see any mounting points for such a thing.

1690831593850.png

This one is definitely at the lower end of the grey-blue boom. Aggravated staggered 'variety' in the facade cladding that looks like leprotic panelling mistakes. Top floors visually divided from the building below them by an peculiarly filmy cladding that turns the box top into an unrelieved of beacon of boredom. The cheap reliance on acres of coarse unmitigated spandrel and a disturbingly blank and opaque street frontage complete this shoddy piece of tinhorn profiteering.

A shot from Widmer St from a few months ago.
central.jpg

I see @Towered popped by here as well yesterday, looking at the sunlight, he was there after me........but of course, he posted first, as he always likes to confuse people w/chronology. LOL

Photos taken, August 9th, 2023:

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

As I expect this will begin to be occupied soon, it will join The Well and Peter and Adelaide in bringing new residents to this area. Thousands of new units within a couple of months! Oh to have shares in the local LCBO! Lol

The parking is pretty cheap as well. We should be slapping a flat fee parking tax on top of that. I think that’s been discussed elsewhere as well and NL has documented the citied discussions. A no brainer in my books. And would it not be nice to see a similar sign advertising locked bicycle storage? I assume in this area ( and others) with all the new Developement of office and residential that there would be a demand?

Yes let's tax everything even more so that no one will want to come into the core anymore to spend some money. Good idea.

Back