A planning approval does not = a requirement to build it, remember.. they are asking for a reduced minimum here after all, not maximum.
Exactly… I just want to know more about their intentions in this case, and if they're willing to talk about any trend they may be seeing here.

Latest Minor variance decision report!

"drumroll please"

The Minor Variance Application is Refused

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 11.32.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 11.32.30 PM.png

I imagine they will take that decision to TLAB and if needed the OLT. I love the idea of less parking to no parking, but part of me thinks some parking for rideshare, and bikes at minimum should be present.

I imagine they will take that decision to TLAB and if needed the OLT. I love the idea of less parking to no parking, but part of me thinks some parking for rideshare, and bikes at minimum should be present.
I don’t think they were proposing to drop bicycle parking - that’s a seperate thing.

The decision on the parking is ridiculous at this location.

This is a short walk to Line 1, in the heart of downtown, with a supermarket less than a block away.

"The only change proposed is to eliminate two of the three underground parking levels and reduce the amount of proposed residential parking to 22 spaces. Three accessible parking spaces would continue to be provided on this level, in line with the number of accessible parking spaces which were required for the development when approved by Toronto City Council in July of 2022."

Taken from the recent cover letter submission on Dec 19

Back at it again here for a new request - now a request to reduce parking, not eliminate.
I fully support the reduction of parking spots and long over due for other ones. The City needs to start looking at the core road system closely to see there is no more room for cars in the core as its gridlock a peak time, special events and at the best of times.

I saw the last sign on Dec 15 for the first time and love the request to only learn it was kill. I thought I shot the site a few years ago when it was still a gas station, but Flickr is saying no unless I have it tag as something else and no clue what. Then it could be part of 50,000 plus photos has lost when their system have crash a number of times along with their backup system.

Cities are for people to live, not house cars as well driving up the cost to build the foundations of X. People can rent a car to go outside of Toronto or to places they need to be where transit fails them in the first place. I stop driving over 20 years ago as it became too stressful to fight traffic gridlock or deal with clueless drivers. Rent a car when I need to and it could be a week a month and more in the summer time.

If people want to live on the waterfront and work in the 905, they should move there in the first place. Have said that, sometimes they have no chose to as the company they work for decided to move to the 905 and becomes a tough choses to stay with it or start all over again with someone else assuming there is a company that can use their skills and willing to pay them what they earn today.

Cities are for people to live, not house cars as well driving up the cost to build the foundations of X.
Broadly agreed.
People can rent a car to go outside of Toronto or to places they need to be where transit fails them in the first place. I stop driving over 20 years ago as it became too stressful to fight traffic gridlock or deal with clueless drivers. Rent a car when I need to and it could be a week a month and more in the summer time.
I’ll simply point out that having to do that with multiple kids and car seats is…a very bad experience. First, your home has to be large enough to accommodate multiple car seats lying around. Next, it is supremely annoying and time consuming to have to repeatedly install a larger car seat in a car (anyone who’s had to deal with a Clek Foonf may sympathize; that thing’s a beast, and having to wriggle your way into a small back seat and attach that on a hot summer’s day is frustrating.)

I think there’s a middle-ground between car-centric and no-car-at-all (ie car-adjacent). But even in that world I would not demand that parking is free.

Back