Note to developers: build like this downtown you cowards!
I'm not entirely sure if Vaughan has demands for high quality architectural designs or not. But something else that has been floated around offhandedly was the fact that VMC/Vaughan is the backyard for many of these developers and they want to use it as a showcase for their companies; hence greater attention to details.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure if Vaughan has demands for high quality architectural designs or not. But something else that has been floated around off handily was the fact that VMC/Vaughan is the backyard for many of these developers and they want to use it as a showcase for their companies; hence greater attention to details.
very interesting!

Not the best shots but better than nothing.

C7B90DC6-EA01-4543-AD32-09146E53EF3F.jpeg

932285FD-2F4F-4146-8DFD-A8B6B37022D3.jpeg

I'm not entirely sure if Vaughan has demands for high quality architectural designs or not. But something else that has been floated around offhandedly was the fact that VMC/Vaughan is the backyard for many of these developers and they want to use it as a showcase for their companies; hence greater attention to details.
Whatever it is, they're doing a much better job than Toronto. What's the point of the design review panel in Toronto anyway? They must take lots of bribes imo.

Whatever it is, they're doing a much better job than Toronto. What's the point of the design review panel in Toronto anyway? They must take lots of bribes imo.
I am sorry, but this has to be one of the most gratuitously insulting and outright lacking in knowledge seen recently in these fora. The Design Review Panel is an advisory committee only. No power to regulate or mandate changes - at all. The developers all know this. No bribery necessary - developers are totally free to completely ignore any feedback provided by the design review panel. Sometimes their suggestions are adopted in subsequent iterations of the design, but often not. No bribery required.

this is a well designed project because Cortel wanted a signature project here. We all see the quality of the first four towers they put up next door - This is their tallest building, intended to be the tallest in all of the VMC, and they wanted it to be a ;"legacy" building for them. That's it.

I am sorry, but this has to be one of the most gratuitously insulting and outright lacking in knowledge seen recently in these fora. The Design Review Panel is an advisory committee only. No power to regulate or mandate changes - at all. The developers all know this. No bribery necessary - developers are totally free to completely ignore any feedback provided by the design review panel. Sometimes their suggestions are adopted in subsequent iterations of the design, but often not. No bribery required.
It's called sarcasm, buddy. No, I do not actually think they're taking bribes.
I do still wonder what the point of this panel is though. Judging by your response you're on it lol (also sarcasm).

Back