I think someone mentioned that Great Gulf would probably re-use the Hudson's sales centre beside Timothy's on King & Charlotte. Their sinage is still up in the windows. I'm not sure what the sales centre beside Charlotte Lofts is for.

Note: I have moved off all of the recent BLVD "Victory Condominiums" posts to another thread to try to keep these two confusingly named developments separate.

I hope we will soon learn what has become of Diamond + Schmitt's plan for this parking lot east of the Hudson, and what its new name is to be. Despite there currently being no mention of a new condo at Great Gulf's website, the fence around the parking lot is a good sign that something is up!

42, I see what you were trying to do, but I think it's become even more confused. :eek:

I started the thread for The Victory, which this thread was originally about (judging by the renderings), but ended up being 90% dicussion about the BLVD building, Victory Condominiums, including the title. That's why I created a separate thread for The Victory.

Now we're back where we started. This thread is still a mish-mash of discussion for Victory Condominiums and The Victory. So I guess it's appropriate that the thread title now says The Victory Condominiums :D

I just don't understand how two developers developing two different projects only couple of blocks away from each other can have same/similar names. How stupid are they? And by the way, both names sucks!

42, I see what you were trying to do, but I think it's become even more confused. :eek:

I started the thread for The Victory, which this thread was originally about (judging by the renderings), but ended up being 90% dicussion about the BLVD building, Victory Condominiums, including the title. That's why I created a separate thread for The Victory.

Now we're back where we started. This thread is still a mish-mash of discussion for Victory Condominiums and The Victory. So I guess it's appropriate that the thread title now says The Victory Condominiums :D

Well - the mishmash ends here - and I did not want to end up with 3 threads for 2 projects. I left some of the early confusion in this thread because that was what we were experiencing for a while. However, now that we know what is what, this thread is reverting back to just the lot at 430 King West, and the BLVD stuff that has the location figured out is now in the thread that was dealing with 478 King West. Hopefully it's sorted out now, but if there are misspostings, I will try to get the posts moved relatively quickly into the appropriate thread.

I just don't understand how two developers developing two different projects only couple of blocks away from each other can have same/similar names. How stupid are they? And by the way, both names sucks!

Great Gulf or Lifetime Homes - whoever - may have sold the name to BLVD when they put the 430 King West project on hold for a bit. Once it is restarted it will undoubtedly have a new name. I'll be surprised if the new name references The Hudson unless it is redesigned to look more like it.

Note: I have moved off all of the recent BLVD "Victory Condominiums" posts to another thread to try to keep these two confusingly named developments separate.

I hope we will soon learn what has become of Diamond + Schmitt's plan for this parking lot east of the Hudson, and what its new name is to be. Despite there currently being no mention of a new condo at Great Gulf's website, the fence around the parking lot is a good sign that something is up!

The link you posted to is the same topic as i'm writing this comment in... *scratches head*

Whoops - sorry about that! I have fixed the links now.

The black fencing along the 430 King parking lot was removed the same day it was being installed, but the signage poles remain.

Banners Fly

The banners went up today. Great Gulf has chosen to name their development at King and Charlotte as "CHARLIE". The marketing moniker with it was something like "condos that love you". Gulp.

The thread can now be renamed...finally.

Nothing on the great gulf condos website yet.

That's a cute name:)

Dear Charlie,

I hope you find a hot gf to date while we watch you go up.

Charlie, you may be on King but some people probably wish you were on Queen....

Charlie--popular with hot single females? Like Cityplace, a good meating place.

Charlie--who's gonna open a Chocolate Factory boutique hot chocolate lounge@retail base?

charlie_w.jpg

Back