IMG_6687.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg

Great pics!

Unrelated: isn't is crazy how many white cars there are nowadays? When we say "I wish developers would use colours other than black, white and grey," I think we forget that most people are buying cars that are either white, black or grey.

Great pics!

Unrelated: isn't is crazy how many white cars there are nowadays? When we say "I wish developers would use colours other than black, white and grey," I think we forget that most people are buying cars that are either white, black or grey.
Yup, just more evidence as to how boring and unimaginative the vast majority of the population is. Look at the glorious cars of the 50's in comparison, and you wonder what the hell happened to mainstream taste. It's the exact same disease with house interiors, music, clothes etc. Lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
Yup, just more evidence as to how boring and unimaginative the vast majority of the population is. Look at the glorious cars of the 50's in comparison, and you wonder what the hell happened to mainstream taste. It's the exact same disease with house interiors, music, etc. Lowest common denominator.

Those are primarily commercial vehicles (trucks, vans) so of course they're going to be white.

However, I agree. In general I wish people chose more unconventional colours for everything -- cars, clothing, paint, kitchens -- but it could be worse: In China and Japan, about 50% of cars are white, closely followed by black and grey.

Those are primarily commercial vehicles (trucks, vans) so of course they're going to be white.

However, I agree. In general I wish people chose more unconventional colours for everything -- cars, clothing, paint, kitchens -- but it could be worse: In China and Japan, about 50% of cars are white, closely followed by black and grey.
Fiat just announced they are no longer offering any grey or black paint on their cars

Okay so I took a detour on my lunch run.

The flutes are vv pretty. There’s actually three different flute scales going on, and in the sun they take on a lovely amount of depth and texture. The colour of the precast also appears more pinky maroon, at least in the brighter sun.

As always, COBE is finding interesting ways to play with vernacular Toronto building materials.

IMG_0626.jpeg
IMG_0624.jpeg
IMG_0623.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg

Meanwhile Block 7 is getting treated to more typical precast texture..

IMG_0627.jpeg

Back