• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I'm back from the Colosseum, where after 2000 years, they're still not finished, Friday

Colosuem.jpg

Westside Story: the ground level floor is mostly formed and mostly finished with its rebar. The elevator core of the building is now reaching skyward with very thick concrete walls and heavy blue steel frames holding things together. The ramp from P1 up to Ground Level is just beginning to be formed, and the north wall abutting trackside is having its gunite wall installed when this photo was taken.

West Side.jpg

Close-up view of the Elevator Core

Elevator core.jpg

Eastside Story: Still working on P2 in the space between Crane#3 and the east wall next 18 Harbour. Some of P3 is still showing in the south-east corner of the site and the rebar has been knitted together for the gunite east wall that will abutt the 18 Yonge St building. There will not be a P1 level in the northeast corner of this photo as this space will be double height to allow for delivery, sanitation and maintenance trucks to have the height and space to load, unload, turn around and exit towards Yonge Street.

East Side.jpg

Trackside: Looks like the steel for this section of the new parkland is mostly complete. I'm unsure why there is a yellow steel frame sitting on top. Could it be a base for a portable or moving crane to help with the assembly of the trackside park when the roof forming begins?

Track Side.jpg

Finally, two bonus shots of the Train Shed with its mostly completed white roof. I've been watching them dilly dally with this for almost 10 years now. The last thing to go on top of this white waterproofing coat will be the green roof planting boxes. Hopefully, this will get done before autumn

Train Shed Roof West.jpg

Train Shed Roof East .jpg

Attachments

• Colosuem.jpg
    Colosuem.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 897
  • West Side.jpg
    West Side.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 1,609
  • Elevator core.jpg
    Elevator core.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • East Side.jpg
    East Side.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 968
  • Track Side.jpg
    Track Side.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 911
  • Train Shed Roof West.jpg
    Train Shed Roof West.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 897
  • Train Shed Roof East .jpg
    Train Shed Roof East .jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 895
I'm back from the Colosseum, where after 2000 years, they're still not finished, Friday

View attachment 145609

Westside Story: the ground level floor is mostly formed and mostly finished with its rebar. The elevator core of the building is now reaching skyward with very thick concrete walls and heavy blue steel frames holding things together. The ramp from P1 up to Ground Level is just beginning to be formed, and the north wall abutting trackside is having its gunite wall installed when this photo was taken.

View attachment 145611

Close-up view of the Elevator Core

View attachment 145612

Eastside Story: Still working on P2 in the space between Crane#3 and the east wall next 18 Harbour. Some of P3 is still showing in the south-east corner of the site and the rebar has been knitted together for the gunite east wall that will abutt the 18 Yonge St building. There will not be a P1 level in the northeast corner of this photo as this space will be double height to allow for delivery, sanitation and maintenance trucks to have the height and space to load, unload, turn around and exit towards Yonge Street.

View attachment 145613

Trackside: Looks like the steel for this section of the new parkland is mostly complete. I'm unsure why there is a yellow steel frame sitting on top. Could it be a base for a portable or moving crane to help with the assembly of the trackside park when the roof forming begins?

View attachment 145614

Finally, two bonus shots of the Train Shed with it's mostly completed white roof. I've been watching them dilly dally with this for almost 10 years now. The last thing to go on top of this white waterproofing coat will be the green roof planting boxes. Hopefully, this will get done before autumn

View attachment 145615

View attachment 145616

And a bonus stitch!
Untitled_Panorama1.png

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.png
    Untitled_Panorama1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 652
Where are the gladiator quarters? ...in the CIBC Square bowels.
Rumour has it that in the first round hedge fund managers are putting mortgage-backed securities up against complex derivatives, with collatoralized debt obligations reffing.

Oh wait, that's happening in the basement of another building. I believe it's called global financier supercapitalism.

But dammit anyways, won't the glazing on this building just be topnotch?

They must have poured concrete and reinforced rebar in the basements for the vaults by now. I know some people (or ducks) who want to deposit funds in case of financial downturns caused by tariffs. See link.

scrooge-money-dive.jpg

From link.

Look, by Toronto’s don’t give a shit standards that intersection is a jewel. True there are some wires. But there are no garbage can sized transformers hoisted mid-pole, there are no frontier-town wooden poles, there aren’t decommissioned poles directly adjacent to the functioning poles, the poles are mostly 90 degrees to the pavement, and TH hasn’t plonked down pole-supporting cables mid-sidewalk. And the City hasn’t festooned the poles with a confusing and revolting mess of visual clutter. To those Torontophobic meanies who complain it could be better, I say we’re lucky it’s not seriously worse. Because, Toronto...
That is not true. Next to the god-awful jersey barriers at Front and York, are lodge-pine wooden poles. It’s like the job somehow stopped and didn’t get finished. Baffling alongside such progress.

Back