• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I’m still just stunned at how quickly this building has risen. This building will look substantially complete in just a few months.

Midweek Special through the Kitchen Window

Eastside Midrise continued work on post and beam steel assembly. Please notice that the central section of level seven is open to level#6. The level#8 roof beams are very thick and have larger perforations along their length.

Floor plate for level#7

Floor Plate for level#8 Terrace and green roof

Southwest side, the mechanical floor, is being enclosed. Panelling is being added to the framing they were working on last week

Then the mechanical happens?
Here's the floorplans for Levels 52-55. Looks like they've finished pouring Levels 50 and 51, and are now preparing the last set-back which occupies Levels 52-53. I suspect it will be largely steel around that (documents and renders suggest a pretty heft lattice work of buttresses to hold up the crown. All of these floors will have mechanical purposes (last occupied floor is Level 49, then 50 and 52 are plant rooms).

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 3.42.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-02 at 3.42.23 PM.png

Last edited:
It's all falling apart, Friday

Westside TOP

Westside MIDDLE

Westside BOTTOM

Eastside GENERAL

New glass has been added to the Southwest Retail Lowrise

A closer look at the south end steel post and beam installation for level#7 and Level#8

Lucky 'right time/right place' shot of the deconstruction of the building jump form, a huge chunk of the form is coming down. They usually dismantle these large pieces then take the smaller pieces away on a flatbed truck

It's all falling apart, Friday

Westside TOP

View attachment 207395

Westside MIDDLE

View attachment 207396

Westside BOTTOM

View attachment 207397

Eastside GENERAL

View attachment 207398

New glass has been added to the Southwest Retail Lowrise

View attachment 207399

A closer look at the south end steel post and beam installation for level#7 and Level#8

View attachment 207400

Lucky 'right time/right place' shot of the deconstruction of the building jump form, a huge chunk of the form is coming down. They usually dismantle these large pieces then take the smaller pieces away on a flatbed truck

View attachment 207401
Stitched:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

View attachment 207401
I boggles my mind that that huge lattice of metal can be lower to the ground by that skinny cable. The strength of steel (especially strands of steel in a coiled cable) relative to its weight just blows me away.

Construction Notice

Dear neighbours,

Please be advised that our contractor will be completing an extended concrete pour as part of work on the rail corridor overbuild park tonight, Friday, October 4th. The pour is expected to start at midnight and will take roughly 6 hours to complete. For safety reasons, all work in the overbuild park continues to take place overnight as workers are not permitted to be in the rail corridor during the day or evening when tracks are being used by trains.

We thank you in advance for your patience during this phase of construction. For any questions or comments, please email us at community@CIBCSQUARE.com.

Thank you

Please send the crew that fitted out the pedestrian bridge over to Liberty VIllage. At the rate they turned this one around, we could have the bridge over there open in a week or three.

Back