• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Very nice! But does anyone know if Greyhound, Coach Canada and/or Mega Bus will be moving out of the old Bay Street Terminal and joining Go Bus in the new Terminal?

Very nice! But does anyone know if Greyhound, Coach Canada and/or Mega Bus will be moving out of the old Bay Street Terminal and joining Go Bus in the new Terminal?
Yes they will be relocating, however i'm not sure of the timetable for their relocation.

I sure hope so. That terminal needs to become a condo or office.
Be careful what you wish for. Knowing what goes on in this city, we would end up with that's far less useful and worse then what's currently on site.

As a recently voluntary laid off worker on this site, and a construction worker in general, I find it morally disgusting that this project and others similar to it have been deemed an “Essential Service.” Hospital construction, fixing broken sewer, water, electrical systems are essential construction projects. CIBC’s new palace, not essential.

It is sad Ellis Don, Hines, and CIBC are risking the health and lives of not only the workers who have worked tirelessly for the last few years, but also their families and loved ones. The extra dollars in profit to be gained by not delaying the move in date, is worth more than the health and safety of workers and their families.

What bugged me the most and the reason I decided to stay at home was seeing N95 respirators being handed out like candy, worn for a couple hours and thrown in the trash to be replaced after break. My spouse and a few other family members work in health care, are being told to reuse and ration their N95 respirators, save and label them at the end of the day because they are going to run out, and better to wear an old one then nothing. Instead of saving N95’s for actual essential services like paramedics, nurses, doctors, police and firefighters, we are wasting them because it is essential that CIBC can move in a few months earlier then if construction was halted until covid-19 is brought under control.

I want to see this beautiful building completed, but not at the expense of the health and lives of my fellow trades people, their families, and our actual essential services.

CIBC1.jpg

CIBC2.jpg

CIBC3.jpg

Back