• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Is there a thread on the forum that gets more heart-eyes reactions than this building? I can't imagine what other thread would have more. Truly a stunning building. In some lights it kind of is just a bit of a drab glass box, but when it pops wow it really pops. The variety of lighting effects and patterns is incredible — something that's impossible to capture or even predict in a render.

Is there a thread on the forum that gets more heart-eyes reactions than this building? I can't imagine what other thread would have more. Truly a stunning building. In some lights it kind of is just a bit of a drab glass box, but when it pops wow it really pops. The variety of lighting effects and patterns is incredible — something that's impossible to capture or even predict in a render.
There's absolutely no doubt that this building is very much a gem (and looks like one, too).

May 9, 2020

IMG_2105.jpg

Using binoculars, I spotted a brave steelworker on the east side near the top precariously straddling one of the open steel beams. I have to tip my hat to these guys....Apologies for the poor clarity on my digitally zoomed images below.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.57 AM.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.53.07 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.55.58 AM.jpg

It's a very strong addition to the south core.

I found this interesting article below but still no renderings?

That's because the Metrolinx work is to repair the existing bridge concrete and fix the (many) leaks from the expansion joints below the tracks. It should look 'the same" except not crumbling and leaking. The additional pedestrian bridges are not Metrolinx projects but will I suspect, all look like the one from CIBC Square to Scotia Bank Arena. (There will be one crossing Bay from the new CIBC tower to Union and one crossing Yonge from the new CIBC tiower to the Backstage condo building at Yonge/The Esplanade on north side of rail berm plus there will, eventually, be a new overhead PATH link from the development on the site adjacent to the Star building (to the GO bus part of the CIBC building., I think.) I think that eventually the (pedestrian) teamways will be totally renovated but think that the current work is only to make them waterproof and safe.

Back