• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I really can't wait to see how large the proposed buildings will be. I honestly wouldn't mind something around 450 - 500 m.

Of course it won't be that tall, but I can dream :)

I don't think that they could build office towers over the tracks. They probably plan some decking to create a park (similar to what was proposed for the Convention Centre site). This would leave just the parcel of land east of the ACC for the 3 million sq/ft of office. Perhaps they could squeeze two office towers on this parcel but I think it would be tight so better to go with one tower. For further comparison Taipei 101 is just over 2 million sq/ft and it has an architectural height of over 500m!

Okay so in the completely ridiculous situation that this were to be a single tower over 500m, it would look like this

[REDACTED]
Image credit: ------

I'd take it. Of course it won't happen. But I'll dream :rolleyes:

Last edited:
[REDACTED]
Image Credit: ----
(Open image in new tab for larger)

Yeah. Having a second tower flank the CN Tower like that looks odd. No focal point. Multiple towers of 350-400m meters would be better. That would be a little taller than Oxford Place.

Last edited:
Yeah. Having a second tower flank the CN Tower like that looks odd. No focal point. Multiple towers of 350-400m meters would be better. That would be a little taller than Oxford Place.[/QUOTE]

it doesnot look that bad.

Okay so in the completely ridiculous situation that this were to be a single tower over 500m, it would look like this...

Ahem...photo credit por favor.

I think that would look ridiculous. A 1200 footer would be fantastic though.

Agree. Something a tad taller than the CN Tower main pod would create a wonderful counter balance. 380m - 400m. Our skyline has been dwarfed by the CN Tower ever since it was built and its been trying to grow into it ever since. All that's missing is a big tower to tie the CN Tower in with the rest. 330m just won't accomplish that. 380m - 400m would be perfect. 500m not as good. Asymmetry looks best.

Last edited:
Agree. Something a tad taller than the CN Tower main pod would create a wonderful counter balance. 380m - 400m. Our skyline has been dwarfed by the CN Tower ever since it was built and its been trying to grow into it ever since. All that's missing is a big tower to tie the CN Tower in with the rest. 330m just won't accomplish that. 380m - 400m would be perfect. 500m not as good. Asymmetry looks best.

they should make some kind of observatory feature in the building.

Photograph by Jack Landu

and that amazing render by Scott Dickson.

I believe both are UTers, but can't recall their usernames. :confused:

I am Jack, and Scott Dickson is 3Dementia

Back