• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Am I off base by suggesting that the posting of instagram pics where you can barely see the building in question are of no use and therefore a waste of everyone's time? What do you all think?

Wednesday assortment...

CIBC=1.jpg

CIBC=2.jpg

...and from Polson Pier...crane remnants still coming down.

CIBC=3.jpg

...and before the storm...

CIBC=4.jpg

CIBC=5.jpg

And experimenting with my new higher-res toy prior to the storm...

CIBC=6.jpg

I think this photo shows CIBC Square in the context of rest of the Financial District. I won't call it barely noticeable either. It stands out well and is very identifiable even in this crowd. Only CN Tower and Scotia Plaza are more noticeable in this photo than this building. Just my 2 cents.

Am I off base by suggesting that the posting of instagram pics where you can barely see the building in question are of no use and therefore a waste of everyone's time? What do you all think?

U cant see CIBC Square in that insta pic ?

I've said similar before, and people got annoyed with me haha. I think it's fine to post a pic where it's obvious that the building is the focus in a wider shot with other buildings, but shots where the building can barely be seen and is not the focus seems kind of pointless to me.

I agree. Those "Where's Waldo?" shots as I call 'em, are bad enough when you have to pick the subject of discussion out among a horizon full of other like buildings. Having the photo constrained to a size that would even make an ant claustrophobic makes that even more problematic. /sigh

U cant see CIBC Square in that insta pic ?
Of course I can see it, but it’s off to the side and two-thirds hidden. What’s really the point when UT members are supplying us with tons of excellent pics of their own. It’s not like we’re starving for coverage of this one.

Of course I can see it, but it’s off to the side and two-thirds hidden. What’s really the point when UT members are supplying us with tons of excellent pics of their own. It’s not like we’re starving for coverage of this one.

I'd say it's more a case by case thing. There's plenty of non insta pictures where I find myself searching for CIBC square too.

There was one the other day where I thought I accidentally clicked on the yonge & rich condos thread, not CIBC square. In the case of the above insta photo I thought it was fine, particularly because it was nice to see the colour variance that makes CIBC square stand out amongst the rest of the downtown core.

All instagram is a waste of time for me, since I can't even view that site since it is blocked on my work computer. Yes, I am supposed to use UT for my work purposes. That's one of the reasons I love my job.

As much as I appreciate Ushahid's enthusiasm, if I want to see Instagram pics of Toronto, I'll go on Instagram. I'm really here to see large, detailed photos of projects taken by members who are specifically focusing on certain aspects of a project. So I'm all for not seeing re-posted Instagram shots.

Last edited:

Back