• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I'm happy with the way the diamonds end at the top. They fade off into the sky if that makes sense.

I do wish the diamond edges were larger and lit up more at night with varying colours.

January 27

DDBAE448-0228-4FC4-A62D-281CB124ECD9.jpeg

anyone know what kind of vegetation will be planted on the raildeck bridge? I Want to see some tall evergreens. We don't have much of them in the city

anyone know what kind of vegetation will be planted on the raildeck bridge? I Want to see some tall evergreens. We don't have much of them in the city

I can share; from the Docs: (below is the plant list specifically for the park/open space over the track)

1611994913545.png

As to evergreens.........only 2 on the list, a single White Pine (native) is to be planted; and a single Dawn Redwood (native to China)

It will be joined by 21 White Birch (native),
6 Red Maple (native cultivar),
5 Japanese Zelkova (native to Japan/Korea/China)
4 Eastern Redbud (native to Windsor and points south),
3 Red Oak (native)
3 Hackberry (native from Hamilton south)
2 Swamp White Oak (native from Burlington south)
2 Pin Oak (native from Detroit south)
2 Black Gum (native from Niagara south),
2 Tulip Tree (native to Niagara south)
1 Yellowood (native to the southern U.S.)
1 Japanese Pagoda Tree (native to Japan)

* none of the non-natives are known to be invasive here.

That deck is clearly meant to hold some serious weight; if happy; some of those trees could be huge.

They won't get any direct southern sun; but should get decent levels of sun from the east and west, and some, less direct sun from the south as well.

I note here, they spec'ed the White Pine as being 8M tall at time of planting (about 25 feet); that one will presumably be going in with a crane!

The landscape plan is below.

1611996505161.png

* my only concern w/this on close inspection is that some of the soil volumes per tree are quite low.

This is partially offset by decent sized overall planting beds (shared soil); but for trees that can grow as large as these can, I still think the soil volumes are a bit light in places.

Back