P1240352.jpg

Wall welding...

P1240354.jpg

P1240355.jpg

P1240357.jpg

P1240358.jpg

P1240369.jpg

I asked a few days back...
Um...so those standing I-beams stuck in there in rows like that: Are they part of the new tower being installed? Or a relic of something bygone that no longer exists there that is slated for removal?
...it appears the answer is they are indeed part of the new tower! Thanks for confirming that skycandy-san with your wonderful pictorial documentation. /bows

I'd be shocked if they didn't. A logo is in some ways a small part of a big corporate rebrand (though it usually gets the most scrutiny), but it's still table stakes to have a bunch of variant logos for different contexts: full-colour, greyscale, straight black-and-white, reversed, one that works well in a square for social media avatars, logo-only, logo-and-logotype, logo-and-logotype-and-tagline, english, french, etc, etc. Any design agency that didn't provide all necessary variations wouldn't be worth hiring.

I'd be shocked if they didn't. A logo is in some ways a small part of a big corporate rebrand (though it usually gets the most scrutiny), but it's still table stakes to have a bunch of variant logos for different contexts: full-colour, greyscale, straight black-and-white, reversed, one that works well in a square for social media avatars, logo-only, logo-and-logotype, logo-and-logotype-and-tagline, english, french, etc, etc. Any design agency that didn't provide all necessary variations wouldn't be worth hiring.
There's no way they don't have a version without the red. As someone with experience making logos, each letter as well as the diamond logo are likely separate components/image files that could easily be pasted on multiple backgrounds.

As for the logo itself, it did come up way back when the building was topping out that CIBC had trademarked a new logo. I believe the working assumption is that this will be the logo present on the building but that CIBC is not ready for the rebrand yet so they won't install the logo until they are.

Back