• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
A bit odd how CIBC has left that one old logo in the core. They've been amazingly efficient at vaporizing it otherwise.
True but a pleasant surprise to see CIBC go back to their iconic diamond logo many of us grew up with. That 'new' non-logo they thrust upon us 2001-2021 never resonated.

The future coffee shop on the 4th floor (outside the foodhall just inside the park) is going to be Dineen, which is also the coffee shop that's in the lobby of Commerce Court West
IMG_3189.jpeg

Photos taken August 25th, 2022. The workers had packed in for the day when I got there, but left me some unusually good (legal) vantage points.

DSC09228.JPG

DSC09229.JPG

DSC09230.JPG

DSC09231.JPG

DSC09232.JPG

DSC09233.JPG

DSC09234.JPG

DSC09235.JPG

DSC09236.JPG

And 2 from the west side:

DSC09240.JPG

DSC09241.JPG

Last edited:
Photos taken August 25th, 2022. The workers had packed in for the day when I got there, but left me some unusually good (legal) vantage points.

View attachment 422800

View attachment 422801

View attachment 422802

View attachment 422803

View attachment 422804

View attachment 422805

View attachment 422806

View attachment 422807

View attachment 422808

And 2 from the west side:

View attachment 422810

View attachment 422811

Man I love those big steel beams on the north side.

First tower is getting some recognition with a 10th place finish for the Emporis Skyscraper Awards.

https://www.emporis.com/awards/2021

(Their site is showing up broken for me so here’s an article summarizing the winners)

First tower is getting some recognition with a 10th place finish for the Emporis Skyscraper Awards.

https://www.emporis.com/awards/2021

(Their site is showing up broken for me so here’s an article summarizing the winners)
I believe you have to pay to get full access to that site.

Who could’ve predicted this!? Oh right UTers like @Vanalla many years ago.

I remember a conversation a while back about the idea of constructing an on-ramp straight from the Gardiner into the GO station. Don't entirely remember why is was explained as an impossible task or a poor planning decision, but seeing the station start to meet the Gardiner is really making me think that not making the dedicated on ramp is a decision the city will regret long term.

Was there any commentary on why a dedicated GO bus ramp was impossible?

If there is appropriate room to merge for the buses, that could theoretically shave 10-15 minutes off of the travel time for hundreds of GO buses and by extrapolation tens of thousands of commuter journeys.

roughly 38 bus lines leaving an average of 60 times per day is 2,280 bus journeys leaving Union Station daily. if each bus carries an average of 27 people then that is 61,560 individual trips per year totalling 923,400 minutes lost (take THAT, Seasons of Love!). That's 15,390 hours, or 641.25 days, or 91.6 weeks, or 1.76 years. Those numbers are all from GO's website btw.

True, it would be a mammoth undertaking that Ivanhoe Cambridge likely has little interest in accomplishing with their partnership with Metrolinx on that portion of the development...

Also true. Hopefully we see the Gardiner become a high line park a la New York's, but if destruction of the Gardiner is still decades out then there might be a feasibility team out there that could make the case for the benefits of direct access over the next generation or so...

Back