• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Every time that I have bumped into these blimps taking pics, the images eventually turn up on webpages related to that development site, including for office properties.

Oh, don't try to tie me down!

It seems to me that 45 Bay is not really part of the South Core. It's practically cut off from the South Core, and this whole development effectively has a Front Street address.

I think that means that the Port Authority site and 16 York are the last two lots down there, both of which are office.

It's considered as Southcore by the powers that be even back in 2008 (the NAIOP conference with the 2nd iteration of the scheme).

Speaking of which - has anyone seen this?

http://cargocollective.com/jigishapatel/45-Bay-Street

Nordstrom? The internal circulation spine (with an atrium a la Foster's Smithsosnian court) definitely fits with the external renders.

AoD

Wasn't there a rumour round here (like a year ago maybe 18 months ago) that Nordstrom was a tenant... This was prior to Sears vacating. I can't see them opening up two stores downtown.

Exactly, the Nordstrom talk for the Dominion Public Building ended the moment that Nordstrom signed up for the Eaton Centre.

It's considered as Southcore by the powers that be even back in 2008 (the NAIOP conference with the 2nd iteration of the scheme).

That makes sense given its location, and I suppose the labels we assign these areas don't really matter too much. I'm just thinking that functionally this site wont really be connected to the rest of the south core, and will probably only be accessed from Front street.

That makes sense given its location, and I suppose the labels we assign these areas don't really matter too much. I'm just thinking that functionally this site wont really be connected to the rest of the south core, and will probably only be accessed from Front street.

Maybe, maybe not. 45 Bay would be right across Bay from ACC. Telus House and MLS are on the other side of ACC, and nobody doubts their membership in Southcore.

Maybe, maybe not. 45 Bay would be right across Bay from ACC. Telus House and MLS are on the other side of ACC, and nobody doubts their membership in Southcore.

Yes, but how would you get there from the ACC or Telus? There is no good pedestrian access.

Didn't the renderings show bridges connecting into Union Station?

Not really a fair comparison due to land values and the fact that many of these condos will sell for upwards of $10 million (some likely for $50 million+), but here is a rendering of the under construction Nordstrom tower at 217 West 57th Street. It will stand 92 floors and 1,775 feet tall (1 foot short of the symbolic 1,776 spire on the Freedom Tower) if the final height is approved. The building will include a giant seven-floor Nordstrom department store on the lower levels. Again, not a fair comparison as the revenues from the sales are not even in the realm of possibility for Toronto, but nonetheless here are a couple renderings:

Nordstrom-Tower-View.jpg

Source: www.newyorkyimby.com

217-West-57th-Street-profile.jpg

Source: www.newyorkyimby.com

Back