• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
So Hines is part of this too?

I thought the original renders were found on the Hines site.

AoD

Yes, the original renderings were found on Hines' site, but the thread title does not yet include the name Hines. The reason is that the thread title has been populated by all of the potential owners of the various properties* that are part of this proposal, and the thread title has hit maximum characters. Hines' name, in the meantime, is in place in the dataBase as the developer.

*Properties and owners involved as far as I know, but would happy to be corrected by anyone who has better info:
45 Bay = Ivanhoé Cambridge
Union Station Rail Corridor = GO Transit
Bay East Teamway = City of Toronto
141 Bay = GO Bus Terminal = GO Transit
1 Front St W = Canada Lands Company = Feds

To maintain consistency, wouldn't it make more sense to list Hines which is developing the property than the property owners?

From Canada Newswire at 2:00 PM today:

Media Advisory - Press conference by Ivanhoé Cambridge and Metrolinx

TORONTO, Sept. 29, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Media representatives are invited to a news conference during which Daniel Fournier, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Paul Gleeson, Executive Vice President, Global Development, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Steven Del Duca, Ontario Minister of Transportation and Robert Prichard, Chair of Metrolinx, will make an announcement about a new real estate project in Toronto's financial core.

Date:
September 30, 2014
Time:
9:30 a.m.

The Fairmont Royal York

100 Front Street

Toronto (Ontario)

A photo opportunity and media availability will follow the announcement.

tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif
    tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif
    607.6 KB · Views: 1,089
This certainly means we are getting a new bus terminal (at least). Damn good news.

Could be just an announcement of a the project VS say finding a tenant .. which is the big key required here.

Why do they only refer to it as a GO bus terminal? Is the Dundas terminal not getting moved here as well?

Why do they only refer to it as a GO bus terminal? Is the Dundas terminal not getting moved here as well?
That has always been the idea but I guess we need to wait until tomorrow to be sure it is still in the plans. I assume GO will be the 'owner' and the other bus companies their tenants (as they are now - to TTC as landlord - in the Bay/Dundas place.)

they may use it as the GO terminal until GO electrification is finished around 5 or 6 years after the complex opens, and then hand it over to the regional buses.

Back