• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
From the Star article:

"The bank said its lease agreement stipulates that Bay Park Centre will be rebranded under a CIBC name in the coming months."

Wonder what it will be called...

Well I wouldn't mind this triggering another building war between the big 5. ;)

I wouldn't mind that, though there isn't any other project on the books (other than Oxford Place, perhaps) that would give 1.75M sq. ft. in space, should they go for the same centripetal model.

AoD

I wouldn't mind that, though there isn't any other project on the books (other than Oxford Place, perhaps) that would give 1.79M sq. ft. in space, should they go for the same centripetal model.

AoD

Who knows.. I did NOT see this coming. I work quite closely with CIBC and I've been to dozens of their office locations scattered throughout the financial district. This came out of left field.

Last edited:
Lol, is this Toronto?

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.13.28 PM.png

Is there some sort of bylaw that requires developers to manufacture their own alternative reality in their renders?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.13.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.13.28 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 530
I used to do co-op work there at CIBC. CIBC is spread out in probably at least a dozen different buildings in the downtown core. It does not make for a cohesive working environment.

Whenever we had "town hall" events we would rent out a hotel ballroom or use the Scotiabank theatre ;-)

I've worked at Atrium on Bay and there were groans about the walk to Union. Those less abled had to cough up an additional 2 tokens every work day to get to the GO Train.

I wonder whether they will also pull in other offices outside the downtown core such as 750 Lawrence West.

Wow 1.75M ! I wonder where they're consolidating from ! I think CIBC has a huge presence in the atrium on bay / dundas - they also have a very big tech campus around Lawrence and Dufferin

From the article:
"Commerce Court building at Bay Street and King Street, which it currently calls home"

"But I would say that we’re going to reduce our existing building footprint, let’s call it, roughly by half"

^ no surprise there, 50% less space, so they're likely moving from about 3 million worth of office space.

Lol, is this Toronto?

*screenshot*

Is there some sort of bylaw that requires developers to manufacture their own alternative reality in their renders?

Apart from the "futuristic" train - what's so wrong with that picture?

Bay_Park.png

CIBC Bay Park Centre :D
Hopefully it is that. I actually like the name Bay Park Centre.

I am going to be in the minority here, but I actually don't mind the CIBC logo in the renders.

I am just shocked that it is CIBC. I was sure that it would be an international firm looking to headquarter in Toronto.

Back