• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
July 8th

808D38A7-6EAC-4192-89F7-297B312ED2F2.jpeg

685349D1-9338-4092-B557-05370B6EC215.jpeg

5BA61F80-4C52-49AB-A875-A784474C6925.jpeg

I still don't get why 1) the PATH extension towards Pinnacle One Yonge isn't under construction now above the garage exit as no doubt it all be both more expensive and more disruptive later, and 2) why the knockout panel for it is a full concrete wall. Why require it to be sawed out once it's built? Why not just put in some steel studs and interior and exterior wallboard for now? Why why why? Seriously, who can answer this?

I know right - it’s like they’re not really trying! ;)

I have no idea by the way - but was the Pinnacle all confirmed when this began? It may be it was money that didn’t need to be spent.

I have no idea by the way - but was the Pinnacle all confirmed when this began? It may be it was money that didn’t need to be spent.
The first Pinnacle One Yonge tower started construction in April, 2018, ten months after ground breaking for CIBC Square in June, 2017, so not confirmed at that point, no… but there's no reason why you couldn't modify those plans after the fact: the "knockout panel" wall at the end of the PATH hall was just poured a couple months ago now, long after Pinnacle's start.

In the meantime, it's the second phase of One Yonge that PATH will connect through to get to the tower going up now, so while that tower is pretty much inevitable, it's not just not under construction yet, it's not in sales yet either.

Pinnacle has deep enough pockets that they used to start their Toronto construction without even waiting for sales though… so it all just makes me wonder. Are they picking up 100% of the tab for the PATH between CIBC Square and their complex? Wouldn't they want to pay less for it? Wouldn't Ivanhoé Cambridge and Hines want to minimize inconvenience for their tenants and have the PATH in place before the tenants move in, so that the garage and servicing entry is not impacted after the fact?

Why is this happening the way it is?

It might have something to do with the future removal of the east bound on-ramp to the Gardiner from bay and the removal of the Jarvis exit for a Yonge St exit. Could be needing to wait for that to be completed before creating pedestrian bridge. Just a thought

Diamonds are UT's best friend....?

CIBC_1.jpg

CIBC_2.jpg

Southeast corner...

CIBC_3.jpg

Peeking under the curtain...

CIBC_4.jpg

CIBC_5.jpg

CIBC_6.jpg

Spot spotting...

CIBC_7.jpg

East-side glazing...

CIBC_8.jpg

West side...

CIBC_9.jpg

Attachments

• CIBC_1.jpg
    CIBC_1.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 445
  • CIBC_4.jpg
    CIBC_4.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 439
  • CIBC_6.jpg
    CIBC_6.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
The diamond pattern and lights will really make this building stand in those postcard views of Toronto especially at night.

Similar to Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong

LIGHTS! YES! I'm very surprised with this. I was expecting the diamond pattern to be so subtle, that nobody would notice it but I'm glad to see the opposite is happening! Our waterfront skyline will get a nice bit of eye candy!

Same here! I had no idea the diamonds would be that pronounced. Add in the lights and it will be magical. About time Toronto gets a kick ass office tower. Everything built so far in this last boom has been nice but nothing to get excited about. This project is on another level. Can't wait to see it once both towers are complete and lit up. Get ready Toronto!!!

Back