• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Question: What is missing in this photo?

(Answer is at the bottom)

IMG_20191119_163127.jpg

The CIBC Square building top concrete pump distribution components were taken down today.

You mean they're finished???? Good grief, they spend billions and multiple years and that's the rail shed they've signed off on? I guess we'll have to go through the typical Toronto process of building things a few times before it's done properly. 2040, 2050, 2060? 41 years will just fly by I suppose.
I'm only going by comments I saw in the Union Station thread a while back, but yes, my understanding is that the green portion of the roof was cut. God I'd love to be told that I'm wrong about that as I cannot understand how they can leave it as is ... but that is my understanding.

I'm only going by comments I saw in the Union Station thread a while back, but yes, my understanding is that the green portion of the roof was cut. God I'd love to be told that I'm wrong about that as I cannot understand how they can leave it as is ... but that is my understanding.
It has been cut and confirmed so by Metrolinx.

Wednesday Floor Pour

They completed the level#8 floor pour on Monday and today they are completing half of the roof of level#8
The crane will have to come down soon. There are only a few pieces of steel needed to complete this lowrise building and some continued work to help complete the installation of the white glass panels along the south wall and I can't see any other reason to leave this crane in place

The most glaring effect of this stunning new building is how intensely it shames all the crap surrounding it.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. You have a sea of mediocrity and then BAM, this gem. Thankfully there will be two of these beauties so they will make quite the statement. My guess is that tourists will be taking pictures of them. The nicest additions to Toronto's office tower scene in a generation.

Materials have been submitted respecting the Minor Variance application for the second phase.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 1.55.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 1.55.28 PM.png

Blustery Friday

Westside UP

IMG_2482.jpeg

Westside MIDDLE

IMG_2483.jpeg

Westside BOTTOM

IMG_2484.jpeg

Eastside GENERAL

You may notice the portable concrete pump machine has completed the Level#8 roof and is now finishing up filling in the hole left by Crane#4

IMG_2485.jpeg

A closer look at the south side glass installation Level#4 and Level#5 are now complete

IMG_2487.jpeg

A closer look at the final pour completing the concrete in the eastside lowrise building and showing the excess water drainage pattern

IMG_2486.jpeg

Back