• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
622BB279-B5FC-4C0A-ABAF-303F5F4474B4.jpeg

Does anybody remember why they're even there in the first place? I swear they've been sitting there for so long I've forgotten at this point.
If memory serves correct, im pretty sure they were put up months after the Yonge Street van attack. Barriers were put up here, around Scotiabank Arena, and the Rogers Centre just to name a few places in an effort to prevent something like this happening at large public gathering spots.

The city promised to look into a permanent solution, but yet here we are years later with absolutely nothing but the temporary "solution" put in place.

If memory serves correct, im pretty sure they were put up months after the Yonge Street van attack. Barriers were put up here, around Scotiabank Arena, and the Rogers Centre just to name a few places in an effort to prevent something like this happening at large public gathering spots.

The city promised to look into a permanent solution, but yet here we are years later with absolutely nothing but the temporary "solution" put in place.
I recall someone emailing the city on the Union thread, and it’ll be replaced in 2022 or something like that. They funny part is there are permanent metal bollards in some sections and at Fairmont, not sure why they couldn’t just installed it along the full length of the station. Or use the leftover planters from CafeTO or King street pilot.

I sorta look at them as assurances that folks less likely to get run over by extremists losing it while driving vehicles in highly people traffic areas. So I don't have a problem with them from that point of view. But I agree more elegant/aesthetic solutions are needed to be presented and present here as they are an eyesore for sure.

Back