• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
IMG_0299.jpeg

August 3, 2023 by yours truly

Wednesday, August 2nd. I will note, unrelated to CIBC Square, that one of the asphalt patches in the crosswalk at Scott Street and The Esplanade (bottom right of second picture) has a particularly bad depression of about 2 inches, and very nearly tripped an individual walking ahead of me. I hope that they patch that up a bit better, definitely would've caught me if not for seeing the person ahead!

DSC_0334_PC.jpg

DSC_0335_PC.jpg

DSC_0341_PC.jpg

DSC_0343_PC.jpg

DSC_0348_PC.jpg

Wednesday, August 2nd. I will note, unrelated to CIBC Square, that one of the asphalt patches in the crosswalk at Scott Street and The Esplanade (bottom right of second picture) has a particularly bad depression of about 2 inches, and very nearly tripped an individual walking ahead of me. I hope that they patch that up a bit better, definitely would've caught me if not for seeing the person ahead!
1691187474597.png

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but heard that the park won’t fully open until CSN’s exterior is fully complete. Has to do with liability and potential for falling debris.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but heard that the park won’t fully open until CSN’s exterior is fully complete. Has to do with liability and potential for falling debris.
This was noted before and seems sensible to me. Things fall and that's why construction workers wear hard hats.

Good shot but must say that I am surprised at how long it is taking to get the east side moving upwards!
Even the steel for the tower looks to have stalled until they can finish the lobby.

The core is the only thing not constrained by ground level construction and it has been moving at a decent pace. They've added about 3 floors in the past month.

Back