• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The twin diamonds will be an impressive addition to our skyline, but looking at those yellow protection screens, I can't help wondering how stunning the tower would look if it had the same gold-tinted glass cladding as the RBC towers kitty-corner from it.
Haven’t you heard? Toronto is forever banished to the boring, blue-grey, glass tinted skyline abyss. Where beautiful hues like gold, amber & any other colour scheme under the sun is …outlawed.

Haven’t you heard? Toronto is forever banished to the boring, blue-grey, glass tinted skyline abyss. Where beautiful hues like gold, amber & any other colour scheme under the sun is …outlawed.
It's even reaching our subterranean levels where the cold and sterileness is dripping down to our subway stations.

People would react like a wolf seeing a full moon (a la 160 Front St W) if we dare even thought about putting multi-coloured LEDs on these 2 CIBC Square buildings.

It's even reaching our subterranean levels where the cold and sterileness is dripping down to our subway stations.

People would react like a wolf seeing a full moon (a la 160 Front St W) if we dare even thought about putting multi-coloured LEDs on these 2 CIBC Square buildings.
Ah, but our leaders and developers know better than us mere mortals, they're there to protect our delicate sensibilities ...

Ah, but our leaders and developers know better than us mere mortals, they're there to protect our delicate sensibilities ...
A simpler explanation as ProjectEnd-san once suggested is that because developers are mostly cheap. Grey material is more affordable, giving them a bigger bang for their bucks. And The City in turn just /shrugs at that...

...not to suggest this is the case with this project - they're sparing no costs with the construction here. So this is least an exception. But many of towers built of late fall into the latter that we're stuck with for the ages. /sigh

This morning, March 12th. Up we go…

IMG_5151.jpeg
IMG_5150.jpeg

...it does make me wish that the window wall reflected that yellow though.

I must have just missed you. I had lunch in the new food hall at 1 York. It was average at best, but everything is 25% off right now.

Back