trinavu

Member Bio
Reaction score
A multi-building apartment and townhouse complex developed by Branthaven Homes and Belmont Equity designed by OCA Architects Inc, located north of Pinebush Road and East of Franklin Boulevard in Cambridge.

Photos taken from this website.

rendering-community-crafted-towns-exterior-1.jpg
Urban-Design-Brief-2.jpg

Last edited:
The profile page for this projects says there is four 15-storey buildings. Based on the renderings above I don't see anything close to that height, there appears to be six buildings that are 5-6 storeys in height, but not 15.

Livbal has this development with 262 units. Can anyone else verify?

The profile page for this projects says there is four 15-storey buildings. Based on the renderings above I don't see anything close to that height, there appears to be six buildings that are 5-6 storeys in height, but not 15.

Livbal has this development with 262 units. Can anyone else verify?

15 storeys does not exist on this site. The townhouses in the centre of that rendering are built out, and the buildings by the 401 are now two buildings running parallel (length-wise) to the highway at 8 or 9 storeys, connected by a central lobby/ quasi-podium. They buildings along Pinebush don't exist yet and seems to be the last phase of this development. Maybe there's plans to go for 15 storeys there? I'd honestly be fine with it, given what's supposed to be going in at SmartCentres. I've attached some renderings of the buildings along the 401. I don't have photos of them, but they should both be topped out, and the west "tower" looks to be basically finished.
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 12.15.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 12.14.15 AM.png

A hilariously generous use of trees in these (especially the corner shot), but maybe they'll be doing a lot of planting.

I personally think these buildings look better in person than in the renderings. Turned out better than I was anticipating - thank goodness, because things could get bad if we let our first dense projects set a really low bar for quality.

More info and renderings can be found at camby.ca - suites have pretty decent layouts, and prices actually seem not horrible ($2,290 for a 2B).

I'll try and remember to get some photos of it from up close and from across the highway along Holiday Inn Dr.

Edit: re: unit counts... 262 could be townhouses. I counted 44 townhouse blocks, avg of 6 units/ block = 264. 262 is definitely within the margin of error. Also grabbed a screenshot from Google Maps on the 401, since it was updated in Aug. 2023.... attached below.
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 12.39.32 AM.png

Last edited:

Back