Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

Concord Park Place Block 9: a proposed 46 & 36-storey mixed-use condominium, retail & TCDSB school (schoolyard within Block 18) development designed by DIALOG for Concord Adex on the east side of Ethennonnhawahstihnen Lane, west of Billes Heights and south of Sheppard Avenue East in Toronto's Bayview Village neighbourhood.

PLN - Architectural Plans - null-1.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - null-2.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - null-3.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - null-4.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - null-5.jpg

...I think that's the first time DIALOG used colour. Still janky as all get go, IMO..

sorry i should have said as the project application will progress, the tower will become greyer.

There's no way that reality will look like that render... On the positive side, glad to see more schools in tower podiums, I suppose.

(Maybe a question for the master thread of Concord Park Place, if there is one) I assume Block 7 will be the final phase, given it's the sales centre for the entire development? A diagonal mid block connection could be good for that site - connecting the Subway entrance more directly with Billies Heights.
What's the plan for the gap between the single dwellings on Bessarion Road, Ethennonnhawahstihnen' Lane and the community centre?

Last edited:
Schools in podiums reminds me of all the banal office towers in Southcore except it's land use efficiency vs floor space efficiency. Personally, schools having a fraction for land coverage has advantages providing It's not devoted to surface staff parking

The towers aren't pretty but, they aren't ugly either like the podium

There's no way that reality will look like that render... On the positive side, glad to see more schools in tower podiums, I suppose.

(Maybe a question for the master thread of Concord Park Place, if there is one) I assume Block 7 will be the final phase, given it's the sales centre for the entire development? A diagonal mid block connection could be good for that site - connecting the Subway entrance more directly with Billies Heights.
What's the plan for the gap between the single dwellings on Bessarion Road, Ethennonnhawahstihnen' Lane and the community centre?
That site is being filled in.
Concord Park Place: Block 7 | 101.6m | 29s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

However, there will be a mid-block street between the two sites.
Technically, this site, Block 9, is east of Ethennonnhawahstihnen', west of Billes Heights, south of unnamed future street.

I believe the spandrel... but not the render magic on those gleaming, coppery faux wrought iron balcony guards. Not a chance.
An Aqualuna-wannabe design gesture pasted on a cheap back-painted window-wall box with exposed spreadsheet gridlines. Desperate pig-lipsticking.

Last edited:
I find it fascinating how a new typology seems to have emerged with rapid transit lines that parallel highways concentrating very high development along them in a very linear fashion that is beginning to create a network that overlays a less dense but still changing landscape of single family homes. Does anyone see this or am I being delusional? For example there is the development occurring along the 401/Sheppard corridor as well as the 407/Highway 7 combination.

I find it fascinating how a new typology seems to have emerged with rapid transit lines that parallel highways concentrating very high development along them in a very linear fashion that is beginning to create a network that overlays a less dense but still changing landscape of single family homes. Does anyone see this or am I being delusional? For example there is the development occurring along the 401/Sheppard corridor as well as the 407/Highway 7 combination.
Starting to see this on a more regional scale in Burlington and Oakville around the GO line. The majority of proposed units in Oakville are between Oakville GO and the QEW, and especially now in Burlington with the "new downtown" proposed development area around Aldershot GO, which is also conveniently located between the station and the 403. I think it's a strategy that will work really well for the GTA for now, considering the urban sprawl that's been happening for the last century.

Back