@Natika33 posted a great skyline pano in the Toronto skyline thread and they were kind enough to let me do a quick future scribble (add some stuff u/c & in the pipeline). Low rez because the photo was only 300k.

I extended the pano (as well as the viewing pov) a couple of blocks north for one last look(?) at the 91 storey The One just for giggles. 🙃

Original:
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/attachments/20240630_111735_hdr-jpg.576779/
Natika33

natika-future-skyline-jpg.577131

Attachments

• Natika-Future-skyline.jpg
    Natika-Future-skyline.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2,301
Last edited:
I still don't see any valid above-grade permits; and the stop work order is still listed as unresolved.

If this keeps up, I make need to yank Concord's chain.

...isn't the consequence for refusing a work stoppage is forcing them to demo all the work they have done back to the point it was issued?

...isn't the consequence for refusing a work stoppage is forcing them to demo all the work they have done back to the point it was issued?

@Collingwoodbuildinglover is correct above.........but to add clarity, ordering demolition of unpermitted/uninspected work is at the discretion of the City, not mandatory.

The City very rarely does this, and when they do, its typically to a very small builder or homeowner, I can't remember the last time they did that to a large builder.

Typically the City assesses what one might call a fine, it generally results in double permit fees. Which is a material expense, but as compared to delays of several weeks or longer on a project of several hundred million, that's financed......

Last edited:
@Collingwoodbuildinglover is correct above.........but to add clarity, order demolition of unpermitted/uninspected work is at the discretion of the City, not mandatory.

The City very rarely does this, and when they do, its typically to a very small builder or homeowner, I can't remember the last time they did that to a large builder.

Typically the City assesses what one might call a fine, it generally results in double permit fees. Which is a material expense, but as compared to delays of several weeks or longer on a project of several hundred million, that's financed......
What an illuminating answer from @Northern Light

@Collingwoodbuildinglover is correct above.........but to add clarity, ordering demolition of unpermitted/uninspected work is at the discretion of the City, not mandatory.

I build single family homes and we need city inspections for all elements except for electrical which is done by Ontario Hydro, some inspectors don't seem to know how to inspect complicated structural element and ask us to have the engineer inspect the work and to write a report, this takes the inspectors responsibility away. From my understanding on high rise they have their own engineers on site that do the inspections and sign off on the work. There is no way that the city could have inspectors running around every high rise site to inspect rebar and rough ins before every pour.

@thaivic

Interesting what you learn about fellow forum members... @thaivic lives/works? in the sky and has documented the rise of the country's first super-tall... but builds SFHs.

Can't think of a joke so I'll leave at "interesting" 🤔 ;)

@thaivic

Interesting what you learn about fellow forum members... @thaivic lives/works? in the sky and has documented the rise of the country's first super-tall... but builds SFHs.

Can't think of a joke so I'll leave at "interesting" 🤔 ;)
We live in a strange world... 😜Been doing it for a long time and have lived in many homes but at my age i prefer to live in the Sky...😁

Back