Yeah, I think this is quite a promising new addition and looks poised to become one of the better looking buildings along this immediate stretch of Kingston Road, east of Vic Park.

Yeah, I think this is quite a promising new addition and looks poised to become one of the better looking buildings along this immediate stretch of Kingston Road, east of Vic Park.
It looks like the Southwest corner of Blantyre and Kingston Rd will now be developed too. That stretch of Kingston is quickly becoming condo lane.
Hope the retail in the area is made even better, with so many more people moving to the area

It looks like the Southwest corner of Blantyre and Kingston Rd will now be developed too. That stretch of Kingston is quickly becoming condo lane.
Hope the retail in the area is made even better, with so many more people moving to the area

Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing about redevelopment being planned for that SW corner. I guess a developer had their sights on those homes right at the corner, along with that section of fenced up underused space to the west of it, and possibly the homes south of the corner if they need to fulfill any setback requirements or just expand the assembly parcel.

Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing about redevelopment being planned for that SW corner. I guess a developer had their sights on those homes right at the corner, along with that section of fenced up underused space to the west of it, and possibly the homes south of the corner if they need to fulfill any setback requirements or just expand the assembly parcel.
Yes- the semis just south of Kingston ( 196 and 198 Blantyre) have been sold and emptied out ( currently boarded up) and the semis on Kingston Rd are being emptied. There is a lot of property on the one semi- the space between the house and Henley Gardens. It's apparently in very early stages of discussion...

Yes- the semis just south of Kingston ( 196 and 198 Blantyre) have been sold and emptied out ( currently boarded up) and the semis on Kingston Rd are being emptied. There is a lot of property on the one semi- the space between the house and Henley Gardens. It's apparently in very early stages of discussion...

With those semis south of Kingston included, then the entire land parcel on the west corner seems similar to the size of this Courcelette Condo project. I'm curious if it's Windmill Development Group again who worked on that assembly or if it's another company.

I also agree that hopefully with the increased density level from these new buildings, that retail interest and quality gradually rises east of Vic Park.

A good overhead view of the area from that listing:

e5543539_1.jpg

Holden, a partner and vice-president with Windmill, says Koskinas wanted to leave a long-term, positive legacy and that aligned with the developer’s philosophy. Holden says the site was in a great area that continues to undergo redevelopment. “We thought we could put in a beautiful midrise building that fits contextually within the neighbourhood, with quality finishes that fit with the single-family housing next door and that section of Kingston Rd.”

The result is Courcelette — named for its location at Courcelette and Kingston Rds. — a bike-centric, eight-storey, 57-suite development designed to embrace outdoor living and foster a sense of community among residents. Its amenity spaces are designed so residents can get to know each other. There will be outdoor communal kitchens and space on balconies for herb and vegetable gardens. The interior design, inspired by the neighbourhood, nearby green space and Lake Ontario, uses simple, natural materials such as stone and wood to create calm, relaxing spaces.

The building’s exterior materials will integrate it into the evolving neighbourhood with retail on the ground level and balconies for every suite that, for those on the south side, will offer views of Lake Ontario and the tree canopy.

Holden says Windmill has been a leader in sustainable building, with all projects — including Courcelette — targeting LEED Platinum. It will also strive to meet Toronto Green Standards Tier 2. Features include geothermal heating and cooling, a high-performance building envelope and electric vehicle chargers. There will be a dedicated bike entrance, bike repair/wash station and one bike parking space per suite. Residents, tenants and the neighbouring community can access a car share program. Holden says while these buildings cost more to construct, Windmill has been able to form partnerships and engineer buildings in a way that offsets the costs.

What at nice project for the upper beach.

Have fond memories of living on Courcelette (right across the street from this site) and walking with my Tibetan Spaniel 'Winnie' down to the eastern end of the beach ... which was (and hopefully still is?) a huge, sandy and splashy off-leash paradise for doggies.

On the way home, always a quick visit to the beautiful R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.

Here's a screenshot from Albert's link.
Courcelette.jpg

Exported in 5 seconds as a 300kb jpeg, instead of that nasty 2MB png ;)

Have fond memories of living on Courcelette (right across the street from this site) and walking with my Tibetan Spaniel 'Winnie' down to the eastern end of the beach ... which was (and hopefully still is?) a huge, sandy and splashy off-leash paradise for doggies.

On the way home, always a quick visit to the beautiful R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.

Not sure if a perfect summery evening can get anymore idealized than this...

maybe with sipping a San Pellegrino soda on the walk home? :)

Not sure if a perfect summery evening can get anymore idealized than this...

maybe with sipping a San Pellegrino soda on the walk home? :)

Full disclosure, I gave up all alcohol years ago... but back then the reddish 'power-aid' liquid in my water bottle was definitely vodka+cranberry. 🍸

At that end of the beach there's a long pier jutting out into deeper water, and almost every day guys were training agile young Labrador Retrievers for some kind of distance jumping trials ... into the lake 💦(I guess that's a thing).

My little dog Winnie thought those crazy canines were better than TV. 🐶

Full disclosure, I gave up all alcohol years ago... but back then the reddish 'power-aid' liquid in my water bottle was definitely vodka+cranberry. 🍸

With total disregard to how West End and fringe downtown bars feel about having a guy sit there and only order water and sometimes appetizers, I have also decided to go without alcohol for this summer (until an indefinite time period). 🌞

Last edited:
The new rendering is updated in the database. The only project information that changed is the building height decreased from 26.41m to 25.51m. The total parking count changed from 33 to 34 parking spaces.

Screenshot_20220901-124034_Instagram.jpg

Back