Oooouch ...... going from 44s to 34s is a big hit ~'

but didn't another post above suggest it was going to 39s ??

This is what the sales office told me today. Is a big hit, but hopefully will get the sales going so they can start.

Yeah, it's faster and cheaper to build wider than higher however, I think we've reached the price points where four to six units per floor could be as profitable.

Whats the point of lopping off floors, when you still dont have enough sales to reach a level to get financing? It's still going to take them a long time to sell the remaining units in this market and at their prices. Wouldn't it just be easier to lower their prices and take advantage of the density they were given?

Whats the point of lopping off floors, when you still dont have enough sales to reach a level to get financing? It's still going to take them a long time to sell the remaining units in this market and at their prices. Wouldn't it just be easier to lower their prices and take advantage of the density they were given?

assuming that the unsold units were in the floors that were removed (or at least he majority of them), -this more or less increases your sales/sold ratio (because there are effectively less unsold units).

But even still they are only 58% sold. I'm assuming the standard 75% plus is needed to get financing. If lopping off floors put them at 75% I would understand, but you are not selling anything, it will shorten the time frame, but it's still going to take them a while.

But even still they are only 58% sold. I'm assuming the standard 75% plus is needed to get financing. If lopping off floors put them at 75% I would understand, but you are not selling anything, it will shorten the time frame, but it's still going to take them a while.

True, -but you'd figure that before reducing the number of units, that figure would be significantly less than 58%.
Plus, reducing the overall number of units makes it extremely easier to reach 75%.

Will Coulture be taller than the building to the north of it? (right at the intersection of jarvis and bloor?)
If not, it's going to look weird sandwiched between that and X.

Oooouch ...... going from 44s to 34s is a big hit ~'

but didn't another post above suggest it was going to 39s ??

That is what I was told by Lawrence when i headed down there last Saturday, I'm really surprised that 34/F came up.

I think the building directly north is around 20 floors IIRC.

Will Coulture be taller than the building to the north of it? (right at the intersection of jarvis and bloor?)
If not, it's going to look weird sandwiched between that and X.

28 floors I believe, with 8' ceilings.

Graphics are definitely not a talent that I possess!

Proposed rendering and my alteration to 34 floors although I haven't seen a permit on site for a height reduction yet.

couture-render_Nov28-07-1.jpg
couture-render_June30-09.jpg

39 sounds much better .... at least its decent height. But it's gonna take a looong time to get to the 75% mark .... maybe sometime next fall they'll start breaking ground.

Back