A notice went up in the elevators at Bloor Walk 1 in the past couple of days that construction will begin on Couture in March or April. The context was for residents to expect construction traffic on Hayden.

EDITED at 1:49 pm: I just noticed there's chainlink fence along Jarv...er, Ted Rogers Way in front of the sales centre, and there's a dumpster out back of same with some happy workers apparently gutting the building. I guess this is happening!

Last edited:
As I was walking up Jarvis Street to see a friend at Bloor & Jarvis at around 4pm I also saw the fence going up so I grabbed a shot. I had my camera in my knapsack as I was planning on getting some shots of X from the roof of 235 Bloor E. but the PC repairs I went up to do took longer than I expected & I lost the sun. I also noted that the Couture sales office has been cleared out, I expect it will be disassembled next week.

It's terrific to see this moving forward.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The Couture site from above, wedged between the X condo and the Residence On Bloors apartment building. This picture is photographed from the south end of the roof of Residences On Bloor

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

4439073636_305ae7745c_b.jpg

Going, going,...

Dig hole. Put building in. Make building grow. People move in.

Back