I agree : Couture is becoming a Coutear

But we should not be so down about this...this is T.O not NYC. So expect more of this..thats the trend here.

It's not. It's just the product of a sub-par firm. For an N.Y.-quality building, simply look at the black beauty to the south.

The current top slab is just poking into view from this angle, 19nov2011:

220z.jpg

Couture rising from Breadalbane, between Bay & Yonge

Thanks for the shots. Does anyone know if they've progressed with the cladding since the last post on November 12?

Well, so much for that. They've completely changed the design of the facade. The horizontal spandrels should have been alternating between the grey glass and bands of either metal panelling or thicker bands of grey glass. Now the building won't have the same geometric pattern at all. At least it'll be mostly hidden from view.

Its all about cutting costs and maximizing profits . Big guys are havin a ball.

In S........ this would not happen....here its all about whats in your pocket...KAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash is the goal. who cares about the future outlook.

So how long before all that grey metal paneling gets covered in city grime and makes the building look like it is from the 80s condo boom?

In S........ this would not happen....here its all about whats in your pocket...KAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash is the goal. who cares about the future outlook.

San Francisco? ya, I'm with you... there is very little pride in city building here. Crazily though, people are willing to pay world class prices for inferior product. The Maple Leafs syndrome I call it. I wouldnt be surprised if developers had consulted with psychologists at some point about Toronto's acceptance complex...

San Francisco? ya, I'm with you... there is very little pride in city building here. Crazily though, people are willing to pay world class prices for inferior product. The Maple Leafs syndrome I call it. I wouldnt be surprised if developers had consulted with psychologists at some point about Toronto's acceptance complex...

The smart thing to do is buy in a cheaper ugly condo building that is right next door to a beautifully designed but more expensive condo. That way you get a great view of a beautiful building right outside your window and you paid less than they did AND they have to stare at the hideous building you live in! I think it's what the people that live in Success Tower will be thinking once ICE is built.

Correct: not the right thread.

You know, I used to fall into this boat i.e. there's no pride in Toronto ... but through meeting new people I'm starting to realize that's really not that case, there are more and more people who really love the city and think it's great. Having said that the media (and it may be due to the current times ...) tends not to paint this picture.

Now regarding other cities ... seriously, do you guys know anything ? I can show you a bunch of newly built condos in New York and San Fransisco that are just as ugly if not uglier. You seriously think everything that gets built there is gem ?

Back