yesterday:

... if only couture was beside X, not behind it :(

gonna be an awkward cluster from this angle when X2 is built, wish they were spaced apart to balance out this view

7473453814_6cdfd1f852_b.jpg

i can see what you mean. but i think its kinda good. its giving height and pretty densely packing that particular area. from the north east it looks squished too i think it will look less weird when other towers around start poking out to add a bit more density at those heights

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday:

... if only couture was beside X, not behind it :(

gonna be an awkward cluster from this angle when X2 is built, wish they were spaced apart to balance out this view

They are simply built too close together, that's the real problem here and X2 is yet to come.

What a failure--it could have a dramatic bookend effect to Hayden but instead we get a bland grey stripe rising up.

Lol whatever u say man

^ it looks not bad at all. I agree it's a tad clustered especially with the new X2 coming. It will be this cluster of three towers. It will even out but will probably take another 10 years.

I haven't been in this thread in a very long time, if ever, so I'm surprised to see a nearly-complete tower.

I like the way this has turned out, though the podium area is a little uninviting. But the tower portion looks very nice. Fits in well with its immediate highrise neighbour(s).

I'm not sure I get the lighter bands every six floors but I'm still liking this. The knockout panels joining Couture to Bloor Walk's parking levels are coming out soon.

I really like the horizontal bands :).

I'm curious from a construction point of view what the point of the missing black panels down the building's central spine are. There appears to be nothing but concrete behind, so why are certain panels missing? (They are all the same shape after all).

Back