IMG_6500.jpeg

For whatever reason, it seems like anytime there's a "LivePatrol" sign up it's pretty much always a sign that it will take forever for a project to actually get developed. Fingers crossed that's not the case here.

The units here are really beautiful.

Wish there were developers putting up units of similar caliber with 50% less living/dining/bedroom space so I could afford it. Not to sound like Im not greatful for my current place.

I live close by to this proposal and am supportive of it. It generally looks good, Gairloch seems to be a fairly high quality developer, 8 storeys (the original proposal) seemed reasonable, and while these are luxury units more neighbours and more housing is in general a good thing etc etc. I am slightly frustrated by the resubmission though as it seems to fly in the face of community involvement and engagement. Now we could argue that community engagement is bad and eliminate it, but currently it is the system we have or are told we have. What is annoying is that we are encouraged to spend a lot of time and effort with a developer to get to the right proposal and then the developer can just go and get an amendment to do what they wanted in the first place - or in this case more than they wanted in the first place. Why bother to encourage the idea of dialogue and community voice in the planning in the first place? This isn't NIMBY or anti-developer it is a critique of the system the city and the province have set up. What do others think about this?

I live close by to this proposal and am supportive of it. It generally looks good, Gairloch seems to be a fairly high quality developer, 8 storeys (the original proposal) seemed reasonable, and while these are luxury units more neighbours and more housing is in general a good thing etc etc. I am slightly frustrated by the resubmission though as it seems to fly in the face of community involvement and engagement. Now we could argue that community engagement is bad and eliminate it, but currently it is the system we have or are told we have. What is annoying is that we are encouraged to spend a lot of time and effort with a developer to get to the right proposal and then the developer can just go and get an amendment to do what they wanted in the first place - or in this case more than they wanted in the first place. Why bother to encourage the idea of dialogue and community voice in the planning in the first place? This isn't NIMBY or anti-developer it is a critique of the system the city and the province have set up. What do others think about this?
If Communities spent as much time/money/effort thinking about building materials, how a building meets grade and architectural details vs height, shadows, density…then buildings in this city would be much nicer I think.

Back