ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
844 DON MILLS RD
Ward 16 - North York District

Development Applications

Site Plan application for the proposal of Block 5A with a new 27 storey mixed use building. The proposed building would be comprised of a 4 storey podium, a 9 storey mid rise component and a 27 storey building.

1576827627437.png

Block 5A is the northernmost residential tower, adjacent to the park/community centre.

1576827578865.png

Last edited:
844 DON MILLS RD
Ward 16 - North York District

Site Plan application for the proposal of Block5A with a new 27 storey mixed use building. The proposed building would be comprised of a 4 storey podium, a 9 storey mid rise component and a 27 storey building.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
19 263245 NNY 16 SA​
Dec 19, 2019​
Under Review​

Looks pretty good. By mixed-use, is this going to be office or hotel? It'll be nice to see some variation of usages in this future community.

New Docs when up on Feb 22nd, 2021.

Look pretty similar to above to me, but I'll post the renders just the same:

1615210178380.png

1615210200470.png

1615210231273.png

Material palate:

1615210341756.png

Attachments

• 1615210159648.png
    1615210159648.png
    783.2 KB · Views: 247
I'm getting the sense this is in pretty advanced stages and could be shovel ready this construction season. Fair assessment, or was I fed bad info?

I'm getting the sense this is in pretty advanced stages and could be shovel ready this construction season. Fair assessment, or was I fed bad info?

Last chat I had with city officials was that they are waiting on the developers to submit additional information which will then take time review and approve. I don't see construction starting on this until end of the year at the earliest probably next year at this rate. Side note - Block 12 still hasn't been issued a NOAC and that will come first.

Last chat I had with city officials was that they are waiting on the developers to submit additional information which will then take time review and approve. I don't see construction starting on this until end of the year at the earliest probably next year at this rate. Side note - Block 12 still hasn't been issued a NOAC and that will come first.

Block 5A - Developers have submitted revised documents to the City... seems to be the last set of revised documents and now just a NOAC (approval) which will likely take a couple months at the least and shovels in the ground by end of year latest I would say. Good to see this site progressing at a quick pace.

Last edited:
With approval of the ceremonial naming of Wynford Drive east of Don Mills approved, and a plan to add street art along that stretch soon to be rolled out, I'm thinking that 5A will be set for ground breaking soon, quite possibly even in September. Anyone have any reliable info on the possibility of that?

So looks like my speculation was correct. Today's event related to the ceremonial renaming of Wynford between DVP and Don Mills and presenting of the Key to the City and the accompanying press release all but confirmed ground breaking for 5A. Unsure if it will strictly be ceremonial - that remains to be seen.

"September 26, 2022: In Toronto, Prince Amyn Aga Khan will attend the ground-breaking of Generations, a not-for-profit community-based housing initiative to support vulnerable individuals, families, and seniors within an intergenerational framework."

So looks like my speculation was correct. Today's event related to the ceremonial renaming of Wynford between DVP and Don Mills and presenting of the Key to the City and the accompanying press release all but confirmed ground breaking for 5A. Unsure if it will strictly be ceremonial - that remains to be seen.

"September 26, 2022: In Toronto, Prince Amyn Aga Khan will attend the ground-breaking of Generations, a not-for-profit community-based housing initiative to support vulnerable individuals, families, and seniors within an intergenerational framework."

Block 5A, has not been approved yet by the city which will then be followed by permit issued. This will take months if not more than year. The Aga Khans and Lalji family are well connected so not sure why it is taking them so long.

In any case this will be simply a ceremonial ground breaking on Tuesday, September 27. I will post the video once available.

Back